Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Author Challenge 2009


January 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
Hosted by Literary Escapism

I normally read a lot of new authors in the run of a year. This year, I am going to keep track!

  1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009.
  2. Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels, but anthologies are also a great way to try someone new.
  3. I want this to be an easy challenge, so you state how many new authors you want to try this year and then that’s your challenge. For me, I’m trying another 50 new authors. If you want a number given to you, try for either 25 or 50.
  4. Add your name to the Mr. Linky below. If you do not have your own blog, you can join the group blog here.
  5. Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome
  6. When you read a new author, write your review (either at your site or the group blog) and then come back here and post a link to your review.
I am going to aim for 10 new authors, but I will add all of them as the year progresses, even if i go over the ten.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:10 AM

    Does it count if they are books I already own, but haven't read yet? I always buy way ahead of my reading rate and have a rather large number of books sitting on my shelves untouched. Can I use those for this challenge? That might finally give me the incentive to actually read them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.