Monday, August 18, 2008

I Gave In...

Well, I had promised myself I was done with the Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. Bella just absolutely drives me crazy! I just could not take another moment of her, so I considered New Moon as the end.... And then I started seeing all this talk about Breaking Dawn and how people were not all happy about how it ended.... And then you know I just had to see why that was... So, now I am reading Eclipse. I had started it back when it came out and it annoyed me to no end, but I really want to see why people aren't all thrilled with the ending, so I could either read the spoiler reviews or read it for myself. I decided to read it myself. Will I regret that decision? Maybe, but I am sticking to it. So, I am almost done Eclipse and you just know that I have a few opinions that I just have to share!

First up, BOTH of the male characters annoy me right now. Jacob most of all, but Edward is not my favourite character either lately. Bella needs to get a backbone or stop being so annoying or something. Yes, Bella still annoys me... Were you hoping for a change of heart? I swear she is not capable of doing anything for herself! She needs a guy around to do it for her, and that just annoys me. I like having guys around, but I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. So, the love triangle is just getting on my nerves. I was really hoping with Edward back things would move on and there would be a new storyline to annoy me.... If things don't get wrapped up in this book I am going to read the spoiler reviews and forget even bothering to read the last book. This is just too drawn out for me. Really, this series could've been a lot shorter.

Anyways, I have no idea why I am reading this book, but I am. I will be finished soon and be back with an actual review. In the meantime, I have to go find a treat to read after the torture! That being said... I probably will still see the movie. I am just not sure if I will go to the theatre to see it or rent it.

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I was in the same position as you. I read Twilight and New Moon and hated Bella. I decided to continue on with Eclipse but quit only several chapters in as I was sick to death of her and everything else.

    After all the hoopla of Breaking Dawn I just read all the spoilers and saved myself the agony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:14 PM

    Bless you bowed down to peer pressure. Personally I didn't like Eclipse much at all but really enjoyed Breaking Dawn which is way less whiny. If Eclipse doesn't out you off for life do try and get around to finishing the series as I would be itnerested to read what you think. I just noticed your new layout and really like it by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a warning: if you don't like Eclipse, you will HATE breaking dawn. its... fan-storish. tho Bella dosen't whine AS MUCH, BD will most likely ruin any happy memories of this nightmare series you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicola: I probably should've just went the spoiler route but my mother bought me Breaking Dawn. I would've felt bad not at least attempting to read it!

    Rhinoa: Yeah, I generally avoid the peer pressure with most of these series, but I am curious. I will be sure to post a review when I get around to finishing Breaking Dawn!

    bookcollector: Great... I am so excited. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:26 AM

    I think your right - the Cullens are really interesting characters (and Alice is just fun)! Eclipse was my least favorite of the series, with Twilight still at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.