Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday Friends - Week Six

Alice Teh from Hello, My Name is Alice - Alice is a new-to-me blogger. She was commenting on my blog, but apparently I forgot to add her to my feed reader! I really enjoy her blog so far. She talks about books, food, and other interesting topics. What more can you ask for? I am glad that I am reading her blog regularly now. (Well, regularly for me, anyway...)

Bluestocking from The Bluestocking Guide - I think I started reading this blog after the most recent Advent Calendar. There is so much going on there that it can be a bit of an information overload at times. I applaud how organized she is! Lately it is all I can do to update a couple times a week. I am always in a hurry. I think my favourite feature on her blog is Sci-fi Fridays. I love the books that she showcases and it keeps reminding me that I need to do more of that type of reading!

Pat from Here, There, and Everywhere 2nd edition - I have been reading Pat's blog for quite some time now. I think I discovered it through one of Carl's challenges. She is a fantasy nerd like me, so you know that I stuck around. She reads such great books and is always adding things to my TBR pile. Recently she was showcasing the water life at the pond near her house. She takes fabulous pictures! Pat is one of my favourite bloggers and one of the nicest people. The blogging world is lucky to have her.

Dewey from The Hidden Side of a Leaf - What's a list of blogs without Dewey? Unfortunately, I cannot get her blog to work... Dewey has done so much for the blogging community, and even with her passing her work lives on. Many of the blogs that I have showcased in these Friday Friends posts I discovered through the most recent Read-a-thon, which was in Dewey's honour. I believe that Dewey will always be missed.

Nat from In Spring it is the Dawn - Okay, I think I can safely say I have been reading this blog forever! I don't remember a time when I wasn't. A fellow Canadian who now makes her home in Japan. She has a great blog. I enjoy her book reviews, photos, and hearing about her adventures in Japan. Another blog that the community is lucky to have!

Melanie from The Indextrious Reader - Another blog that I have been reading for quite a while. Another Canadian blogger, too. I like to support my Canadian bloggers, huh? She is a librarian, so she seems to find all the really interesting books. While she does read some of the stuff that other people are reading, she always seems to find 'different' things to talk about. I don't mind hearing about popular books, but I also like to go off the beaten path once in a while. Reading, for me, is all about experimentation. Melanie has a blog that you should be reading if you are not already.

Suey from It's All About Books - Suey is the co-host of the Printz Project, one of the many challenges that I belong to this year. I was just checking the library website and I have five Printz books in for me. I was lacking a bit on this challenge, so felt I needed to get reading! Anyway, Suey is such a nice person and has a great blog. My favourite feature of hers is when she posts her best of lists. The subjects range, but when it is book related you know that things are going to end up on your wish list! She is an all-around great blog to be reading.

Joanna from It's all about me - I am not really sure how I came across Joanna's blog. It is possible that she found me first, but I have been reading it for a while now. It's quickly become one of my favourite blogs, so I try and check it regularly (not this week, though..). I notice she just listened to an audio version of Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely and enjoyed it. This is why I read blogs, because I like pretending people read things because of my recommendations! (haha, I mean, when I actually write reviews...) Anyway, another blog that you should be reading!

Kate from Kate's Book Blog - Kate has another blog that I have been reading for a while. She got a bit quiet for a while, there, but she is back and I am happy to see her! She just celebrated four years of blogging and I hope that she will be around for at least another four. She has a great blog. She talks about the books that she is reading, but she also includes quotes and other book-related topics to enjoy. The blogging community was a sad place while she was on hiatus, so be sure and visit her so we can make sure she sticks around!

Kristina from Kristina's Book Blog - Kristina is yet another blog that I have been reading a for a while and long ago forgot how I can across it. She recently became a new mother, so her blog has been a bit quiet. I am happy to hear from her when she posts, though. I hope all is well with you, Kristina, and that your life calms down so you can blog a bit more soon! Although, I think you comment on my blog sometimes... See, this is why I keep applauding organized people because I can't even remember who comments on my blog and who doesn't!

8 comments:

  1. Ah! Thanks for the nice comments! And this even when I've been so so bad about keeping up with and commenting on your blog! I'm going to do better, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great links to some blogs that I haven't visited before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great way to share what you are finding for great blogs! I just found my way to yours this morning... I'll be nosing around a bit... looks like you have some good reads here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for the mention, Kailana! I'm soooooo happy to know you're reading my blog. *GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suey: I am bad at commenting on everyone's blogs, so no worries!

    Staci: I hope you enjoy them!

    Sheila: Thanks for stopping by!

    Alice: I am happy that you are reading my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've finally got your blog to work on my computer -- I get to view it and catch up on your posts and what do I see? Thanks so much! I enjoy finding new things through you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks! I've been following your blog for a while too, even though I'm not always very good at the commenting part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I've been out of the loop since having my baby boy -- that's why it took me nearly 5 months to discover this post! My bad! Thanks for the nice words about me and my blog. I'd love to read more and blog more, and I'm going to try make it a goal for 2010. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.