Friday, November 20, 2009

Random and Some Reminders


I haven't really been inspired to blog this week. I have been reading, but not finishing anything, so I guess I don't really feel like I have anything to talk about. I am going to write a general post instead.

I am reading some really good books at the moment. I am about 200 pages into Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. It is really really good! Then, I am reading The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt. I like it, but I am not sure if I love it. This is my first time reading Byatt. I have been reading 50 pages a day, but I am going to have to start reading more soon! I will soon finish up Ash by Malinda Lo. It is pretty good. I have a couple other books started, but I haven't actively read them in a couple days. I am lucky I read period!

Don't forget to sign-up for the Virtual Advent! There are still a few people that have joined up in previous years that haven't signed up yet. I hope people will! There are about 11 days until the tour actually starts.

Lastly, don't forget about the mini-challenge for the Dewey Reading Challenge. You can read all the details on this post!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I am hot about blogging and then there are days where I'm at a loss for words too. Keep plugging away at that Byatt. I've never read her either but am really curious to know what your final thoughts will be on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel? I've just started and am loving it. I love this cyberworld, how many readers you discover. I look forward to your comments on the Byatt. I heard her on NPR and thought the book sounded interesting. Best, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingersmith is my absolute favorite Waters book, so I'm glad to hear you're reading and enjoying it!

    I've only read one book by Byatt and it was a collection of short stories, which were a mixed bag for me. But then again, I'm not a big fan of short stories in the first place. I have Possession on my shelf and maybe someday I'll actually read it (saw the movie years ago). The Children's Book has caught my eye as well but hasn't tempted me enough to actually check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.