Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A to Z Survey


Author I've Read The Most Books From:  Oh, wow, there are many... Carol Shields. Susanna Kearsley. Isabel Allende. Kelley Armstrong. David Levithan. Charles de Lint. Bill Willingham. Jacqueline Winspear. Charles Todd. Jennifer Estep. Probably many others...

Best Sequel Ever: um... hm. I am sure there is something that will come to me after I click 'post'.

Currently Reading: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson.

Drink of Choice While Reading: It depends on the time of day... I like coffee, orange juice, and maybe something alcoholic in the evening. 

E-Reader or Physical Book: I will read both, but I am mostly a physical book reader.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School: hm, well, when I was roughly that age I was definitely an Anne of Green Gables fan and really liked Gilbert Blythe. I am not even sure who else fits the criteria. I never really was big on fictional crushes. 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: Oh, so many! Most recently I am so happy to have read Night Film. I loved it and am not big on thriller-type reads normally.

Hidden Gem Book: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. People that are not typically into fantasy should give it a try because it was awesome. I even read it twice. 

Important Moment in Your Reading Life: When I started blogging and discovered there were many other genres that I had never really read before and I really liked now. 

Just Finished:  Night Film by Marisha Pessl.

Kind of Books I Won't Read:  I am actually at a point in my life where I am pretty flexible on what I read. I still don't rush out and read like romance novels and westerns, but I have.

Longest Book I've Read: Oh, phew, I don't even know. I don't keep track. There have been some long ones.


Major Book Hangover Because: If I read too much I get tired of reading and need to take a break. I have read long books in one sitting before and then needed to chill afterwards. 


Number of Bookcases I own:  Probably like 7 or so? 


One Book I have Read Multiple Times: The Time-Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Preferred Place to Read: In bed. It is the most comfortable place to read.

Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All the Feels From a Book You've Read:  "You can never have too many books"


Reading Regret:  I wish I was a bit limited on my reading so I could feel a bit more accomplished. I read across too many genres and I have way too many books to choose from. 

Series You Started and Need To Finish (All the books are out in the series):  Ha! There are so many I couldn't even begin to tell you... I am terrible at finishing series!!

Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books:  The Time-Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, and The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.


Unapologetic Fangirl For:  This always seems to change. There are lots of authors that I make sure to always buy their new books, but I am not sure who is entirely leading the pack. There seems to be themes, though. I remember a year of Carol Shields, another of Isabel Allende, more recently I discovered Susanna Kearsley and read everything I could by her, and then this year I had to own everything by James S.A. Corey. 


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:  There is new Fables out this year. I can't wait to see what direction The Unwritten is going to take. I am waiting for the Jim Henson biography to ship. That is just the ones off the top of my head. There are still many good books out this year.

Worst Bookish Habit:  Lately? Not making reading a priority. I am having a very quiet reading year and still books come into my house...

X Marks The Spot: Start at the Top Left of Your Shelf and pick the 27th Book: I can't do this right now. I am getting organized to move.

Your Latest Book Purchase:  I bought the Jim Henson biography last night. :)

ZZZ-Snatcher Book- Book That Kept You Up WAY Too Late:  Oh, so many! Recently I spent a lot of time reading Night Film. It still took me forever to read it, but I did stay up late many times trying. 

6 comments:

  1. Night Film kept me up, too - both to keep reading, and then because I was freaked out!

    Where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read so many series books but probably because I read so many I'm never caught up on a series! ha. Enjoyed reading this and have added Night Film to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilbert Blythe! Oh, I wanted to be Ann and have everything in her life including Gilbert. :)

    Adding Night Film to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really must get to The Name of the Wind.

    Yeah, me too with reading across too many genres. I don't know why I'm like that, most people I know just read a couple. Nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did this meme and really enjoyed it. I liked your answers - we both picked Gilbert for who we'd date! He's probably the hero I measure everyone against, at least until I met Mr Darcy, who towers over every male hero in literature! lol

    I have the same problem with reading across so many genres, like you and Cath. It does mean we are well read, but it means there is so much we don't get too. Oh well, as much as I admire someone like Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise blog, I can't read in one genre, I feel way too stifled and need a change and variety to read.

    I love the quote that you love, about books, obviously! LOL Have you read the second Patrick Ruthfuss book yet? I just picked it up, am hoping to get to it soon. After Doctor Sleep, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat reading-themed A-Z! I think I'll fill it out over at my blog and send a shout out to yours (also thanks for the Fables reading order info)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.