Friday, February 20, 2015

Book Tag: Would You Rather...?

~I saw this at The Paperback Stash and decided it was fun.~

1. Read Only Trilogies or stand-a-lones?
~ Well, I mostly only read trilogies or series. I do get excited when I manage to actually read a stand-a-lone book, though. I am torn on the subject. I like how trilogies there is more to look forward to, but I am in the middle of so many series and trilogies that I know I will never finish most of them. 

2. Read Only Female or Male Authors?
~ I know that many people pay attention to this, but I just kind of read whatever looks interesting. If I had to pick, though, I would go with female.

3. Show at Barnes-n-Noble or Amazon?
~ This one is easy... I can't shop at Barnes-n-Noble in Canada. (Unless something has changed.) I used to shop from them, though. I would order used books and my step-father, a Texan, would collect them for me when he went home. This is how I have basically every Madeleine L'Engle book ever. The ones I didn't order online I bought on a trip to Texas at Barnes-n-Noble.

4. All books become movies or TV shows?
~ I am atrocious at watching either, but I find that TV shows give more chance to develop the books because they are not as limited by time. 

5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
~ 5 books per week, of course!

6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
~ I think I would pick professional reviewer...

7. Only read your top 20 favourite books over and over or always read new ones you haven't read before?
~ I am a terrible re-reader, so definitely read new books.

8. Be a librarian or a bookseller?
~ I have always wanted to work at a bookstore but have refrained because I figured I would spend my pay cheque on books...

9. Only read your favourite genre, or every genre except your favourite?
~ Well, this is a hard question... I primarily only read fantasy most of the time, anyway, but I don't want to be limited by it. I think I would miss it if gave it up, though... I really don't think I could decide on this question. I don't like either option and think I would be unhappy with either choice.

10. Only read physical books or e-books?
~ If I had to choose, physical books all the way!

~~ I am not going to tag anyway, but feel free to join if you would like! ~~

8 comments:

  1. This was really fun! I gave it a go too!

    Here are my answers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have a book blog I will do it here.

    1. Depends on the story really. Standalones allow me to read more other books but some stories need to be trilogies
    2. I don't care. A good book is a good book.
    3. Amazon but I'm bias here as I've never been to Barnes n Nobles.
    4. I have to agree on tv shows. It allows more possibility to properly explore a story
    5. 5 books a week. Unfortunately with 2 small children that isn't even remotely possible :(
    6. Reviewer. I don't think I have the patience and skill to be a good author
    7. Ouch this is tough. I am a big re-reader but I also like to discover new things. I will pick new books though as I would get sick of my top 20 and resent it if I could read nothing else
    8. It's my dream to be a librarian. If only I'd realized that when I was younger and didn't already have 6 years of post secondary education to pay for :/
    9. I don't have one favourite genre so I guess I would read everything
    10. Physical all the way! I can't seem to get into the e-book scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting topic for a tag! I am one of the few readers who prefers e-books just because of storage. I read too much have done so for so long that even having given away/donated hundreds of books, I still have hundreds in bags and stacks that I'll never read again. The ones on my shelves are there because I just can't part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd have to pick my favourite genre. And since there are multiple ties for favourite genres, I'd be quite happy just reading my favourite genres :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is one has some tough questions! I think I'd have to pick Amazon to shop at and probably only read my favorite genre. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd rather that book be turned into tv shows (maybe some could just be mini-series). There's usually so much depth in a book, it's hard to translate into just a movie. Plus, I watch a lot more tv than movies anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love series books too. Trilogies are nice because the end is often in sight. With series, you may never know. But, like you, I do enjoy a stand alone. That would be a tough one to answer.

    I would probably want to read new books too over re-reading my favorites over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun tag. It's so weird that I love series (mysteries) but I gt annoyed when I hear about a trilogy. I mean, at least that is contained in three books! haha... And, for some reason I tend to read a lot more women authors. I don't plan it but it somehow works that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.