Saturday, May 27, 2006

Excavation - James Rollins [May/06]


One of my plans for the summer is to read all of my James Rollins novels. This month I read two of them, with three more waiting for me and a new novel due out soon. I look forward to his novels, though, but at the same time hate to rush through them. This novel was not as good as Amazonia. I found that one to be my favourite, but this one was still really interesting. On the back:

The South American Jungle Guards Many Secrets...
and a remarkable site nestled between two towering Andean peaks, hidden from human eyes for thousands of years.

Dig Deeper...
through layers of rock and mystery, through centuries of dark, forgotten legend.

Into Ancient Catacombs...
where ingenious traps have been laid to ensnare the careless and unsuspecting; where earth-shattering discoveries - and wealth beyond imagining - could be the reward for those with the courage to face the terrible unknown.

Something is Waiting...
here where the perilous journey ends, in the cold, shrouded heart of a breathtaking necropolis; something created by Man, yet not humanly possible. Something wonderous. Something terrifying.

For untold centuries, the secrets of life have been buried in a sacred, forbidden chamber.

Those who would disturb the chosen must now face the ultimate challenge: survival.

Rollins has a way of writing a novel that is based on historical civilizations and cultures, while at the same time making something impossible out of it. The novels generally take place in unexplored areas of the earth, so something near it could happen. In this particular novel they are exploring the rainforest on an archelogical dig and discover on secrets that were long hidden. I hate to reveal more because the mystery is the appeal of a Rollins novel.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.