Saturday, September 16, 2006

Randomness

I was thinking today about what I read, and whether I read an equal share of male and female authors or read something above the other. Then I got to thinking, how long will it take to read all the books on my night stand. So, I am going to post my books on my night stand and see how many are by men and how many are by women.

So, on the nightstand:

First Test (Protector of the Small) - Tamora Pierce
Jane and the Unpleasantess at Scargrave Manor - Stephanie Barron
Labyrinth - Kate Mosse ( I can't believe I am not done this!)
The Kitchen Boy - Robert Alexander (or this)
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (or even this)
The Hatbox Letters - Beth Powning
Helen of Troy - Margaret George
A Vision of Light - Judith Merkle Riley
Children of God - Mary Doria Russell
The Other Side of the Bridge - Mary Lawson
The Friends of Meager Fortune - David Adams Richards
Jovah's Angel - Sharon Shinn
Green Rider - Kristen Britain
Vengence in Death - J.D. Robb
Isolde - Rosalind Miles
The Eagle's Brood - Jack Whyte
Into the Wilderness - Sara Donati
Lady Chatterley's Lover - D.H. Lawrence
The Shadow of Albion - Andre Norton and Rosemary Edgehill
The Well of Lost Plots - Jasper Fforde
The Oak Above the Kings - Patricia Kennealy-Morrison
New Moon - Stephanie Meyer
Heir to the Shadows - Anne Bishop
Vampire Hunter D - Hideyuki Kikuchi
The Silver Rose - Susan Carroll
A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
Under the Eagle - Simon Scarrow
A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon
Daughter of the Forest - Juliet Marillier
Luck in the Shadows - Lynn Flewelling
Rebel Angels - Libba Bray
The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

And people wonder why I need to not buy anymore books?

The sad thing, I am in a reading lull. I have started some of these and not finished them (shocking I know). I am amazed, though. I didn't know I read more of one author than another, but it seems to be according to my night stand, I read more girls than guys. I will have to post at the end of the year and see if that is really the case, or it is just how this pile worked out.

I need to finish some of these books. Some of them are really good! I just, can't seem to read this month. I started off good, but it sort of died. I pick something up, and put it back down. Add school to the mix, and it has not been a very good reading month so far.

I have a larger night stand than I thought!

And now, off to read.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens! Right now I am in a good reading slump BUT I did finish one helluva book and it's hard getting into anything else after that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 PM

    I am bad about reading too many things at once, too. But everything just sounds so good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I started off the month being good and only reading a couple books at a time... That's since changed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.