Monday, November 06, 2006

Winter Reading Challenge


So, this challenge has been circulating its way through the blog world. I have been meaning to post about it, but as you can see, I haven't posted much in the last couple days. I was on an inforced vacation, so I made myself pretty scarce. I should be back around now, and get caught up on my posts! And, I am very happy to see people joining in on my Reading Challenge! It got more response than I was anticipating, so now I think that I am going to get organized and make it a bit more official. Seeing people take an interest makes me think I will just make it a yearly challenge, so if you can't join in this year, you can join in next. Anyways, for my "From the Stacks" Challenge, I am just going to repost the list I was working on. I will extend the deadline to the 30th of January, but these are the books I would like to finish before then. I have already read a few, so hopefully I can get some more cleaned off.

1.The Hatbox Letters by Beth Powning
2.The Keep by Jennifer Egan
3.Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier
4.Accursed by Amber Benson and Christopher Golden
5.The Faery Reel by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling
6.Soul Voyage by Cameron Royce Jess
7.Stormwarden by Janny Wurts
8.Raven's Shadow by Patricia Briggs
9.Heat by George Monbiot
10.Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
11.The Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
12.Heir to the Shadows by Anne Bishop
13.A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
14.Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
15.Taliesin by Stephen R. Lawhead
16.Vampire Hunter D by Hideyuki Kikuchi
17.The Library at Night by Alberto Manguel
18.The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander
19.The Oak Above the Kings by Patricia Kennealy
20.The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
21.New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
22.The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
23.The Truth-Teller's Tale by Sharon Shinn
24.The Alleluia Files by Sharon Shinn
25.Under the Eagle by Simon Scarrow
26.The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
27.Poison Study by Maria Snyder
28.Helen of Troy by Margaret George
29.The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
30.A Soldier of the Great War by Mark Helprin

More posting to follow, just not tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you think of Luck in the Shadows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:32 PM

    I have some WW era books, but they're all packed away at the moment, so I will have to defer to next year - great challenge idea, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and all the best in your challenge. I hope I can join in a future one (when my life isn't quite so crazy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:42 PM

    Wow that is some list. Michelle and I thought the five we were sugessting for the challange might be too many for some people to get through. I would love to be able to get through that many books. I used to get more done but somehow school and two kids put a damper on my free reading time. Now if I could count all the childrens books I read then I would blow you all away ;)...sandra from overdue books & bluefrog hollow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.