1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, I will drink egg nog, though
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
What is the fun of not unwrapping presents!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Coloured. I like colour. It does depend, though.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
My mother does.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Sometime this week.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
PUMPKIN PIE!!! Or mincemeat. Yum.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Not to sound depressing, but my holidays rather sucked when I was a child... I think the last one I remembered as good was when my father's whole family came over. It only happened that one time, and now I never hear from them. Despite the negative image of some of those holidays, I still LOVE Christmas, so no worries. :)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I knew for a long time that he did not exist, but it was so magical to believe that I played along as long as I could.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We normally open Christmas movies that we watch on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Decorating our Christmas Tree is a BIG project. I will share a picture when it is up, but since it is real, it will be a bit longer!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love snow! I don't know if I could live where there was no snow.... especially for Christmas. Although, last year was a green (technically brown) Christmas.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but not very good.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift was actually left by the tooth fairy. It was this thing with changeable plates to design different outfits by rubbing over them and decorating. It was Barbie brand, if I remember correctly. <--- okay, Angela (who I stole this from), I had this! Actually, it reappears in my house once in a while. I don't know if it has finally vanished yet or not! My favourite present... my best friend is coming to visit me this year. It will be a few days after Christmas, but... I don't think anything else could compete. I like having people visit.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Oh, man, I love everything about Christmas. I believe it is better to give than receive, but I am not very religious, so I don't go in on all that part of the tradition for the most part. I just like the holidays. I think trying to forget about the ones that were not so great and concentrating on having good ones now is very important.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching movies on Christmas Eve, I suppose. My Christmas traditions change too much to be real traditions. I hope that if I ever marry, I can change that with my own family.
17. What tops your tree?
Nothing last year, the tree was too tall...
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I love most Christmas music! To see some, though, see the previous post.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum! But only the traditional kind.