Friday, January 12, 2007

Wahoo!

I finally was allowed to switch to the new blogger today! I see myself playing with labels, too bad it won't be tonight, as I have to work.

So, I have big news, my profile is not updated, I am actually in my last year of university and I was approved to graduate today. I am both excited and nervous, but it looks like I will be done in May. I have no idea what I want to do when I graduate. Everyone just assumes that I either will be, or want to be, a teacher. I don't, so, in any case, graduating is both a good thing and a bad thing.

In other news, I started off well with reading, but then I got really busy. Chris, the button guy, came to visit me and Tom for 4 days, so I was out a lot when he was here, and then school started back up. I had a presentation, a group one no less, on the Thursday we were back, so that was fun to try and get ready for. We made it, though, and I do not think I crashed and burned too badly. Then, I had money and other fun things to worry about. I was supposed to go get my textbooks today, but the week was not fun, and standing in a line up did not appeal to me today. I have been reading instead. What have I been reading? I will share!

I am reading Juliet Marillier's new young adult novel. I was reading one of my required reading books, you know for my challenges, but I went upstairs and the package was waiting from Random House, I just had to read it. I am only a hundred pages in, but I hope to have some more reading time tonight. Anyways, the book is called Wildwood Dancing, and it will be out officially, from Random House, on January 23. I think a few people that read my blog might be interested, though, so here is a blurb and a picture of the very pretty cover. It was the covers fault that I started it, actually.


From Random House:


High in the Transylvanian woods, at the castle Piscul Draculi, live five daughters and their doting father. It's an idyllic life for Jena, the second eldest, who spends her time exploring the mysterious forest with her constant companion, a most unusual frog. But best by far is the castle's hidden portal, known only to the sisters. Every Full Moon, they alone can pass through it into the enchanted world of the Other Kingdom. There they dance through the night with the fey creatures of this magical realm.

But their peace is shattered when Father falls ill and must go to the southern parts to recover, for that is when cousin Cezar arrives. Though he's there to help the girls survive the brutal winter, Jena suspects he has darker motives in store. Meanwhile, Jena's sister has fallen in love with a dangerous creature of the Other Kingdom--an impossible union it's up to Jena to stop.

When Cezar's grip of power begins to tighten, at stake is everything Jena loves: her home, her family, and the Other Kingdom she has come to cherish. To save her world, Jena will be tested in ways she can't imagine--tests of trust, strength, and true love.

I thought it sounded interesting, in the same vein of some of the other books that have been making the rounds lately. I will be back on the 23rd or so to post my thoughts on it!



10 comments:

  1. Enjoy those labels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labels?! I've been switched for months and didn't know there were labels? I hope I'm not up all night. It's your fault, Kailana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are up late because of them, I will be up there with you! I am sitting here playing with mine right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOL - I've avoided labels because I'm afraid it will take over my life. I have a hard enough time not losing myself labeling my gmail :-)

    Congrats on the upcoming graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Labels?? Just something else for me to learn! Hope you got all the finance "stuff" worked out. Now you just need to find some more time to READ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Don't worry about not being sure what you want to do. Most of the jobs that I've had since I graduated from college have little to do with what I went to school for.

    But I am much happier that way and have more time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations soon to be graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I think in the back of my mind I knew I was going to graduate, but I was trying not to concentrate on it in case I didn't. I hate big institutions, so many people to talk to and it is not always easy to know which one! But, I am all set now, and I am getting really excited now that the stress of that is over with. I just have to get through my classes!

    And, I have been adding in tags to my old posts. I love tagging things! I like having things organized... Only with books, though, the rest of my stuff needs some work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being set to graduate. They say that nowadays people will have several careers before they retire, so there's plenty of time to figure out what you want to do. Chances are excellent that the right job will find you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.