Friday, March 16, 2007

Just Taking a Moment to Remember


This is not a post to way the pros and cons of the wars that are being fought in distant countries, but I have to bring the subject up. In my province, it is now 11 AM and I am sure you guys sort of remember me mentioning Tom... Anyways, a person that he went to high school with and knew reasonably well was killed in Afghanistan about a week ago, and the funeral is happening right now. I never met him, but I do know several people that called him a friend and I think that it is honestly very tragic. It is also the closest I have come to knowing someone killed in our present wars. I would just like to take this moment to offer my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. By the sounds of it, this was a well-loved guy and how it died was nothing short of a tragedy.

To read more, you can click here.

I also found it interesting that the Prime Minister said something about this: here. It is always nice to hear that the leaders of our country supports a war.

Also, speaking of Tom, he has taken some spells recently and the doctor sent him for some tests on his brain. He finds out if it is serious or not on Monday, so any happy thoughts you can send his way would be very appreciated! He has had several moments lately where he thought for sure the doctor would tell him he was dying. It's what happens with long waiting lists for many of the tests, he has had two months to sit home and think about what could be going on because they took him off work and he is not allowed to drive. I am hopeful that Tom will be around to annoy me for many more years to come, but I have to admit, part of me is worried too.

Sorry for the depressing post!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Tom's friend. War sucks. I wish people would realize that.

    BTW...sending good thoughts to Tom. I really hope that it isn't anything serious.

    Hmmm....where's my email??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back last year... this is terrible... I still think about it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kailana, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. It is awful that this is happening everyday due to this war.

    I pray that everything turns out well for Tom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.