Monday, May 21, 2007

Can you Imagine?


One of the blogs I read always has interesting articles up on historical events, and one of the recent ones made me raise an eyebrow. Apparently Genghis Khan was a very busy fellow! Some families are dying out, but not his, it looks like he has 16 million male descendants living today. Yes, you read that right. I did not think I did at the time, at first I thought it said "16" and did not know why that was a big deal. This means that he would have had to father anywhere from hundreds to thousands of children! How on earth did the guy manage to create an empire and still manage to spend so much time in the sack! So, that was my interesting read for the evening. To read the full article on Michelle's blog, click here. I must point out that the number only represents the men, there would be women too. Someone was a very busy fellow!

The article originally appeared in the Globe and Mail, and is linked directly to it on Michelle's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Some basic historical facts about Genghis Khan:

    Genghis Khan ,(Chinggis Khan), is one of history’s greatest leaders.During his lifetime, he conquered more territory than any other conqueror and established the largest contiguous empire in world history.Today his legacy continues in Asia,Mongols today celebrate him as the founding father of Mongolia....read more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.