So, I got a new book in the mail today from Random House called Send: The Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home by David Shipley and Will Schwalbe. I have not read it yet, but I like the back of the book and thought I would share.
The Eight Deadly Sins of Email
1. The email that's unbelievably vague.
("Remember to do that thing.")
2. The email that insults you so badly that you have to get up from your desk.
("HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE DONE THAT THING?!!!!")
3. The email that puts you in jail.
("Please tell them that I asked you to sell that thing when it hit $70.")
4. The email that is cowardly.
("Here's the thing: you're being let go.")
5. The email that won't go away.
(Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: that thing.)
6. The email that's so sarcastic you have to get up from your desk.
("Smooth move on that thing. Really smooth.")
7. The email that's too casual.
("Hiya! Any word on that admissions thing?")
8. The email that's inappropriate.
("Want to come to my hotel room to discuss that thing?")
There you have it, some deadly sins to mull over.