Wednesday, August 01, 2007

July in Review

July was a very slow month reading-wise. I just had a very hard time finding time to read lately.

The Complete List:
Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Michael Reaves
M is for Magic by Neil Gaiman
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind
The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Swordbird
Moonrise by Erin Hunter
The History of the Hobbit: Mr. Baggins
The Huntress by Susan Carroll
Dragons of Winter Night by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander
The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe
The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor by Sally Armstrong

For such a small pile, for me anyways, I read some really good books. Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind was really good. I cannot wait to get around to the next book in the series. The Fire Rose by Mercedes Lackey was a very interesting retelling of Beauty and the Beast. The History of the Hobbit: Mr. Baggins was really really worthwhile. I cannot wait to read the sequel. The Huntress was a book I had been waiting for for a while, and I was really happy with it. The Kitchen Boy was a very interesting book about the last Czar and his family and The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor was a very good Canadian history book.

Then, there were the rest of the books. Some of them were okay, like Dragons of the Winter Night, but some of them were really bad, like Luck in the Shadows.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I only know one author - Gaiman - from that list! It was a 'slow' month for me too, I only read 14 books (and have read 1 less than you for the year).Not that it's a competition or anything ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. July is always slowish for me. I think a lot of it is reading so much all year that there is one month where I just get... bored... with reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.