Monday, November 05, 2007

You Know You Read Too Much Fantasy When....


I started a new book today, and I am reading the first chapter and thinking 'I could have sworn this was fantasy'.

The fact that one of the characters in the book was 'radioactive green' did not raise any alarms.

Maybe it would not for anyone, but when the main character in the book goes on to say '"You are no healer. You are a sprite, p'shog, fairy, ka-dalun. Whichever language you prefer to use. And I want your Book.'', you really should pick up on the fantastical elements.

Yes, you see, sprites are very normal... You find them in literature all the time. It took me until the third chapter to go "Wait, this is fantasy".

Is that sad, or what?

Right now I am reading Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. And, it really is fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    :-) That's hilarious. Enjoy Artemis. The books are pretty fun. I'm thinking of reading the 4th one in the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.