Saturday, June 21, 2008

Challenges Completed!

So, slacker me actually managed to finish not one, but two challenges! I am so proud of myself. I have actually been reading a lot more lately, so hopefully my reading mojo is back.

Anyways, for The Once Upon a Time II Challenge I finished:

1. The Serpent and the Rose by Kathleen Bryan
2. Dragons of Spring Dawning by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
3. The Golden Rose by Kathleen Bryan
4. No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong
5. The Serpent Bride by Sara Douglass
6. The Onion Girl by Charles de Lint

Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Kelley Armstrong, and Charles de Lint I had read before. Kathleen Bryan and Sara Douglass, this was the first time. I liked all of the books, I cannot really say I hated any of them. I plan to read more from all of the authors, so that is always a good sign. I am sitting here trying to figure out what my favourite book was, but I really cannot decide! They were all a bit different, so it is hard to decide which I liked the best.

The second challenge that I completed is the Themed Reading Challenge. My theme was Canada. My list for this challenge:

1. The Princes of the Golden Cage by Nathalie Mallet
2. The Girl in Saskatoon by Sharon Butala
3. No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong
4. Ghost Rider by Neil Peart
5. Roadshow by Neil Peart
6. The Onion Girl by Charles de Lint
7. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

I LOVE Neil Peart's writing. I didn't feel like I was reading non-fiction at all. He is fabulous. I plan to get his other memoirs as treats for actually reading lately. My friend thinks my infatuation is pretty funny because it is not like Rush is a new thing, I had even heard of them before, but I just had never really listened to them before. So, laugh if you want. Otherwise, I enjoyed all the others as well. One good thing about this hardly reading thing is I haven't really read anything I hated this year, so that's saying something.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.