Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Couple Things

I decided to count and see where I stood with The 2nd Canadian Challenge, Eh? because I have been reading a lot of Canadian fiction this month. I am up to 10! That means I only have three more books to go, so I am very happy with that! Here is my list:

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong
Barnacle Love by Anthony De Sa
What They Wanted by Donna Morrissey
Coventry by Helen Humphreys
Extraordinary Canadians: Lord Beaverbrook by David Adams Richards
The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews
Don't Lets go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller
Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland
Traveling Music by Neil Peart

*Edited to add: I forgot Conceit by Mary Novik. That makes 11!

In other news, congratulations to Joseph Boyden for winning the Giller Award! I actually thought he was going to win, so I wasn't surprised when his name was called! That being said, I really should read the winning book as I have had it sitting here for a while! (Watch me hate it. That would be bad...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.