Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Spirit Award


Julia presented me with the Christmas Spirit Award! She also thanked me for an award that I had given her at some point and time and said such wonderful things! I am glad that the Advent Tour was a big help to you last year and thank you so much for the award!

Here are the rules for the Christmas Spirit Award:

"You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
Link back to the person who gave you the award.
List 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!
Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the Christmas cheer going!
Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award."

Five Things I Love About Christmas:
1. Santa Claus.
2. Christmas Trees
3. A White Christmas
4. Christmas Villages (the little towns and things... I so want to start one of those!)
5. Christmas Music
6. Mincemeat Pie (only time of year I eat it)
7. Christmas Lights

Now, who shall I give the award to? I know so many people that are all about Christmas spirit this year, so it is so hard to choose! Here is my list:

Marg, my co-leader of the Advent Calendar, is a given.

Alabama Bookworm
Joanne from Lost in a Good Book
Susan from You Can Never Have Too Many Books
Louise from Lou's Pages
Penelope from Life's Sweet Passions
Booklogged from A Reader's Journal
Lisa fromBook Lists Life
Alison from The Homeschooler's Guide to the Galaxy
Ladytink from Ladytink's Neverland
Kim from Page After Page
Vickie from Scrapbooking and Tidbits
Rob from The Snig's Foot
Andrew from The View from Arizona Marny the Bookworm
Kerri from Latte' Buddies
Becky from Becky's Book Reviews
Melissa from Book Nut
Amy from Passages to the Past
Alyssa from By the Book
Raidergirl3 from An Adventure in Reading
Sherrie from Just Books
Kerrie from Mysteries in Paradise
Dolce Bellezza
Chris from Book-a-rama
Bookwormom
Mister Teacher from Learn Me Good
Bigsis from Through the Eyes of the Creator
Trish's Reading Nook
Nymeth from Things Mean a Lot
Lisa from Book Ahoy
Suey from It's All About Books
Emily from Dreaming on the Job
Stephanie's Confessions of a Book-a-holic
Cindy from Nocturnal Wonderings
Natasha from Maw Books
Somewhere in Between
Wendy from Caribou's Mom
Strumpet from Strumpet's Life
Chris from Stuff as Dreams are Made on
Tammy from Omah's Helping Hand
3M from 1 More Chapter
Stine from The Washingtonium
Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness
Alex from Daemonwolf Books
Leya from Wandeca Reads
Julia's Book Corner
Hope is the Word
Laclau from Conversacions de Cafe
Krissi from The Swim Mom
Morgan from Insert Clever Name Here
Jessica from The Bluestockings Society
Naida from The Bookworm
BookClover
Book Thingo
Rhinoa from Rhinoa's Ramblings
Melissa from Remember to Breathe
The Bluestocking Guide
Michelle from Fluttering Butterflies
Think Pink Dana
My Friend Amy
Nicole from Linus's Blanket
Jane from Janezlifeandtimes
Memory from Stella Matutina
Debbie from Friday Friends Book Blog
Book Scoops
Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings
Sherry at Semicolon

Sorry if I missed anyone! Thanks to everyone that participated in the third annual Advent Calendar and made it a great success! I hope you will join again next year!

***Note: I actually commented on everyones blogs (I hope). Yes, the comments are all the same, no I didn't actually read the post I was commenting on in many cases, and yes, I hate word verification!

35 comments:

  1. Wow - You really have the Christmas spirit. Love how many people you tagged - it's like a sweet little Christmas hug from you. Thanks so much and hope you have a wonderful, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I don't know about a hug. I do know that my fingers are cramped from so much word verification. lol Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Kailana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kailana, thanks for the award. It's fun to share the Christmas spirit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great sharing the Christmas spirit with both of you! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww..thanks Kailana! I'm happy to see so many people share the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kailana, I appreciate you sharing the award with me. If you want to put my blog title on your post it is "Homeschooler's Guide to the Galaxy". No rush though, just wait until your fingers have recovered! I'm not sure why my blog name did not appear on the original advent list, but not to worry :-)

    A Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks for the festive award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alison: I think your blog name is on my list. I copied Marg's because her list is always right and mine is normally missing someone. I will add it in the morning, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks! I usually have a hard time finding the spirit but it definitely found me this year.

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Kailana! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot Kailana. I have tried to comment on all the blogs participating, but I have had some busy days the past days, so I haven't gotten around to it. But I will. Thanks again.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Kailana. Amazing commenting. :) But there's no one left to give the award to... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Commenting took forever! Good ole copy and paste. lol And, I am sure there are people I forgot. ha ha

    Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining in with the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for the fun Christmas award :)
    Merry Christmas!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that must have been a lot of work! I don't think there's anyone left for me to give it to!

    Thanks for the award. I'll post about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much, Kailana! I'll do the meme tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Kailan for thinking of me! I do love Christmas. Plus, I really enjoyed the Advent Tour. What a great idea you and Marg had. I can't wait until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Thanks! and wow what a list. My sister and I are excited to participate in the Blog Advent Tour and now this too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Kailana! I promise I'll put up the Christmas Spirit Award on my blog soon. And I really enjoy doing the Avent Tours, thanks (you & Marg) for letting me participate in it this year :)

    Have a good holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, it's done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. First of all thanks for putting us together and for the award which is just in the spirit of Christmas: getting people together;-))

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Good ole copy and paste. lol"

    - LOL! I love your enormous tag list. You see why I gave you the award...?

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha, thanks Julia! I do appreciate the award. I had fun tagging everyone. :)

    I look forward to seeing everyone's posts! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kailana, thank you! I appreciate it! :D

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for my award and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Kailana!

    I love the Christmas Villages too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Not a problem! Thanks for joining in the calendar! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Kailana, I appreciate this very much!!!
    A big hug and best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you, I'm posting my post now. Merry christmas! Loved your Advent posting.

    ReplyDelete
  32. LaClau: Best wishes to you as well!

    Krissi: I look forward to reading it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.