Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose up to 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
This is what happens when I have time to waste...
1. Cooking freaks me out! I have no creativity when it comes to it. I need instructions, and I need the instructions to spell out every little detail! If I lack instructions, I will call like my mother or the charming comedian to ask really stupid questions. The charming comedian just expects it... If he knows I am cooking, well, he seems to answer the phone very promptly! (This may stem from the fact that I set off the smoke alarm at three in the morning... )
2. Piles of dishes on the counter drive me crazy. I will just stand there and stare at them and hope that maybe they will wash themselves. This normally occurs when I am not around a lot... Someone doesn't like doing the dishes and lets them pile up. Then, I am not sure if is the large pile or the terrible smell that results in me doing dishes for an hour! (My ex used to leave the dishes around and they would grow MOULD! I still have nightmares...)
3. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I finish a book. Last year this sort of slipped, but this year I get excited when I can write down another book as completed! In the end, I read for fun and don't really care about the numbers, but I can't help a big grin when I notice that I have already read 33 books this year!
4. I have a hard time with finances. I am good at saving money, but I hate opening bills and I am the worst for checking my bank account... It stresses me out. I don't think it is normal!
5. I talk too much. I don't think before I talk most of the time. I just sort of say the first thing that pops into my head. This is really not a great thing, I must say! The best thing about the charming comedian is he is practically deaf, so if I slip up and say something that I probably shouldn't say, he probably didn't hear me anyway! He is always so impressed that I will repeat myself a second time, but that doesn't always mean that I repeat exactly what I said the first time around...
6. As I get older, I have become very indecisive. I have no idea what I want to do 'when I grow up' and I have a pretty degree that is useless to me. The last month has been very stressful and I have gained no perspective... I still have no idea what I want to do!
7. I love taking pictures, but I haven't done much of it the last couple years. I have a really nice camera, too, so it's a shame! I just never make time for it. I really have to remedy that.
8. I am obsessed with the television show NCIS, which is really weird for me! I hardly ever watch television, but I have been watching this one. Most of the shows I used to watch are off the air, and I just never bothered to find anymore.
9. I could watch a lot more movies than I do. I just usually skip movies in place of reading. I actually look at wasting a couple hours on a movie as a waste of time... Reading all the way!
10. I actually hate eating out at a restaurant. I get impatient... Which is funny because I also hate to cook... I'd rather eat at home, but just have someone else cook for me! Not that it happens that much, but I can dream!
11. Speaking of dreams, I rarely, if ever, remember my own. I know I had a bad dream like a week ago, but not because I remember the dream... It was because it was the first time in years that I woke myself up and made enough noise doing so to wake someone else up. The other person is why I remember, actually. I remember them telling me that whatever it was, everything was going to be okay and it was just a bad dream. Totally out of character for them!
12. I don't like to cry in front of people. It makes me feel weak. The charming comedian has only ever seen me cry once, and he's brilliant assessment was 'I didn't think you cried!' I don't think any of my friends have seen me cry, outside of a funeral in the eighth grade. No idea when I last cried in front of my parents. I hardly cried when I was a little kid. Actually, I cry so rarely that I can remember most of the times that I cried...
13. I know nothing about popular music. If I was ever 'supposed' to be listening to it, apparently I was instead living under a rock! That has not changed, either.
14. I had a really bad temper when I was younger. Nowadays, I rarely, if ever, lose my temper in an extreme way. I am more likely to just get annoyed for a moment and then carry on. I know my parents have heard me yell, but friends and even the charming comedian... They all think I have a really quiet voice!
15. I rarely swear. If I do it is because I am really mad or really caught up in a story.
16. I don't really drink alcohol. The last year I have a bit more, but not in any sort of extreme way. I just discovered an alcohol concoction that I can handle. If I drink more than two drinks, though, it is considered a crazy night!
17. I have a take charge personality. I like a lot of things done my way. That being said, I can pretend otherwise and allow other people to be in control. A lot of the reasoning behind hardly drinking is that I don't like the loss of control that comes with heavy drinking!
18. I have easily 2000 or more books in my house! And, that's with clearing them out! I have no idea how large my TBR pile is, though. Counting it would scare me...
19. I play board games, and used to play sports, to win. This annoys people, actually. I am very competitive. I used to be good at soccer and hockey... really should have kept them up!
20. I hate seafood! Considering I come from a fishing town, this is considered very strange.
21. Most of my closest friends I have known for at least 10 years. I have several friends that I have known for almost 20, and, well.... I am still in my twenties! That is talking about real world friends, I have many online friends that I consider close friends.
22. I love receiving emails, but I am terrible at replying! It just really depends on the timing and what I am up to at that moment.
23. I am always on time. I hate being late! I am also very impatient for other people to be on time!
24. I have issues with backing up my car... I can't seem to do it straight. So, I just avoid backing up! I get made fun of sooo bad for this, though. Especially when I comment on how cool it would be to fly a plane.
25. When I get a package in the mail it totally makes my day! It is normally books, of course, and I can always use more books!
Okay, I am supposed to tag 25 people, but that would take forever! I really want others to do this meme, though. I have been reading a bunch on facebook and it is fun to learn more about people... So... I tag everyone that reads this post!