Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Question and A Challenge and Another Challenge Wrap-up

Okay, folks. The problem with reading all the books that I have read in the last three months is that I am entirely hopeless at keeping up with reviewing them! So, is there anything that I haven't reviewed that you would like to see me review? And, please say something... I am hoping it will 'spice' up my reviewing a bit and inspire me to catch-up! It's one of those things where I am so far behind I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed! So, I am going to be bitchy and say PICK SOMETHING! lol And, well, say why... Yes, that's fun.. The bitchy part isn't so much, but hey, you can just ignore lovable ole me, right?

Moving on! I joined another challenge because I wrapped up several yesterday. It's the Arthurian Challenge. You might not know it now, but I actually really like Arthurian literature. I haven't read very much of it lately, but I am going to try and remedy that!
When: April 2009 through March 2010
Goal: To read books starring characters found in or inspired by Arthurian legends. (King Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, Merlin, Lady of the Lake, etc.) There are no set amount of books. Read one or two. Or read a dozen. You set the amount that feels good to you!
So, I am only planning on 1-3 books. Mainly because... I don't really know what I want to read! This gives me a chance to think and if I read more, great, if I don't, that's okay, too!

1.
2.
3.

Any suggestions?

I didn't notice yesterday, but I have actually read five books for the Once Upon a Time Challenge. I will continue to add on to the list as I go along, but in the meantime:

1. The Winter Prince by Elizabeth E. Wein
2. Dingo by Charles de Lint
3. Savvy by Ingrid Law
4. Marked: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (Book 1)
5. Pay the Piper: A Rock 'N' Roll Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen and Adam Stemple (Book 1)
6.
The Golden Phoenix and Other Fairy Tales from Quebec Edited by Marius Barbeau & Michael Hornyansky

The not surprising fact is that I STILL haven't reviewed any of them...

11 comments:

  1. I have a couple of questions. What did you think of Savvy? Who was your favorite character? Was it believable? Would you read the next book Law writes?

    I just realized that it's because of you and Nymeth that I read East. I knew I read a review somewhere else too.

    What were some of your favorite tales in the book, The Golden Phoenix? Should I read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vasilly: Yep, we read East. Good stuff, huh? I saw you mentioned in your March wrap-up. Thanks for the questions, I will answer them in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear your thoughts on: Old Man's War, The Latent Powers of Dylan Fontaine, Dingo, Jpod, Adoration of Jenna Fox, and Fun home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:59 AM

    What did you think of the depiction of the fairies in Pay the Piper? How did you feel about how Callie solved the curse? (You could potentially also copy Vasilly's questions and change the title and surname mentioned, but... ^-~)

    What's The Winter Prince about and is it a book you'd recommend people read?

    Good luck with the Arthurian books challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it! I need to stop reading your challenge posts because I feel like such a slacker - haha.... I haven't even started one OUaT choice and you've already finished 5. Maybe I should give you my challenge books to read and you can tell me how they were :)

    I'm just teasing you. Way to go! Have fun with the Arthurian challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote Fun Home, Messanger, Embroideries and Black Holes because I've read them and would love to compare notes. And Jenna Fox, Jpod and Dylan Fontaine because I haven't but I'm curious about them.

    Actually, I could interview you about one of the ones I've also read. Will think of some questions to include in the e-mail I shall send you soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris: Will do! Just give me a few days so I don't post overload!

    Libritouches: Thanks for the questions!

    Iliana: Thanks! I hope to read lots of good Arthurian literature... and more OUaT stuff, too!

    Nymeth: The questions would be great! I look forward to receiving them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:55 AM

    Reivew even more fantasy and YA! Messenger would be good to see your thoughts and whatever else takes your fancy. Oh and hurry up and finish Cobits so I can read your manga reviews.

    For the next Arthurian Challenge I definitely recommend the Camelot series. I know you have 2 out of the 4 books so you have no excuse :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhinoa: I will at least read the first book in the Camelot series for the challenge. I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Arthur books... Mary Stewart, if you haven't read them. (If you haven't, why not?!) Song of the Sparrow is wonderful. Here Lies Arthur by Phillip Reeve is on my list of books to read for OUAT III, so I can't recommend it, per se. But it looks interesting. Oh, and if you're feeling brave, someone recommended to me the works of Cretien de Troyes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa: Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.