I had planned to do posts about movies that I watched, but that never happened! My sisters' boyfriend gave me and the charming comedian a bunch of movies, so we have been watching more than we normally do. I decided it was about time I talk about some of them!
1. Star Trek: The Beginning: Okay, so we saw this one at the theatres. I took the charming comedian for his birthday. We both thought it was great and are looking forward to the DVD version so we can watch it again!
2. 17 Again: I saw this movie with a friend, but the charming comedian ended up seeing it, too! Nothing too amazing. I am an action, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy-type of movie watcher, so I am afraid this movie was probably not my thing!
3. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: I found this movie funny, but again, nothing fantastic! I loved Michael Douglas' character in this movie! I know, people went for the leads, but I went because Douglas played a ghost!
4. Seven Pounds: I watched this the other night with the charming comedian. We were both not sure of it in the beginning, but as the movie got going I think we both thought it was good! Nothing either of us have to watch again, but still good!
5. 27 Dresses: Okay, so I watched this one by myself. I had started it at a friends house and the movie messed up, so I just watched the end. I mostly wanted to see the scene where they danced on the bar. I love James Marsden. If I had an actor-crush, he would probably be it... Otherwise, didn't like the movie!
6. Oceans 11: When this movie came out, I thought it was really funny. Rewatching it, though, I was not in love with it. I hate when that happens!
7. Oceans 12: You know, while I didn't love the movie... I have to say that I really liked the fact that there was more going on than met the eye. This is the first time I have seen this movie in its entirety.
8. Oceans 13: The c.c.: Is that? Me: It's Al Pacino! Okay, if you haven't picked up on it, I love action movies, so I have pretty much seen all of Al Pacino's old movies. I knew he was in this movie, but had forgotten. I wouldn't call it my favourite Pacino movie, but it was still fun.
9. Boy in the Striped Pyjamas: We both agree that this movie was a little bit predicatable, but we also had both wanted to see it and it never played at theatres here. I really wanted to read the book but never got around to it! Normally I would've held off on the movie until I remedied that, but I didn't for whatever reason!
10. Transporter 1: The c.c. has been trying to get me to watch this movie forever! While not a cinematic masterpiece, it was still a good movie! I really liked the characters.
11. Transporter 2: We moved on to the sequel. It was also really good! I think these movies have entered my list of favourite action-type movies.
12. Transporter 3: Thankfully the c.c. hadn't seen this one before. He has a tendancy to get rambling and give away aspects of the movies we are watching if he has seen them before. He hadn't seen this one, so I got to watch it without knowing anything!
13. I think there is more, but I honestly cannot think of any at the moment! I think tonight will probably be a movie night, but I am not sure what we are going to watch. Here is what left in the stack that I was lent:
Wall-E - The c.c. saw this, but I haven't yet.
Secret Life of Bees - I read the book. Want to see what the movie is like!
Arthur and the Invisibles - Curiousity
Hoodwinked - I have seen this one before, but it was in the pile!
Burn After Reading - I don't even remember what this is about.
Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 - I have seen at least one of these movies. The c.c. hasn't seen any.
The Duchess - Wanted to see this one at theatres...
Revolutionary Road - Really like Kate Winslet
The Tale of Despereaux - Read the book but haven't seen the movie.
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - Read the book. The c.c. refuses to watch this with me...
Girl With a Pearl Earring - Read the book...
The Dark Knight - The c.c. fell asleep watching this in theatres last summer. I have not seen it before. I saw the one that came before it, though.
Underworld and sequel- Seen it before, but don't really remember it. Haven't seen the sequel.
City of Ember - Have the book, but haven't read it yet. Might try to sneak it in before watching the movie.
Bedtime Stories - Think this is supposed to be funny? I like the title...
Into the Wild - haha, read the book... Big surprise, huh?
Also have the three Pirates of the Carribbean movies (he hasn't seen any of them) and the three Lord of the Rings movies (he has never seen the extended versions). Actually, it was a desire to watch the extended versions of these movies that led to me getting all the other movies! I asked for three and ended up with thirty!
Twilight - She gave me this after the initial pile. The c.c. has seen this already. He didn't like it. I have to watch it just to see what all the hype is about, right?
I also have Australia, Bolt, and The Spiderwick Chronicles to watch.
My movie pile is getting to be as high as my TBR pile!