Thursday, January 06, 2011

2011 Aussie Author Challenge


Since I signed up for the Ireland Reading Challenge this year, I thought I would do a bit more exploring of authors from other places. I decided on Australia and will be joining in for the 2011 Aussie Author Challenge.

The challenge runs from Jan 1, 2011 - Dec 31, 2011

Challenge Levels: TOURIST or TRUE BLUE!

TOURIST - Read and review 3 books by 3 different Aussie Authors
TRUE BLUE - Read and review 12 books by Australian authors (at least 9 different authors)

I think I am going to start with tourist, and then if that is successful I might try and read for the True Blue. I know I own 3 books, though, so I will start there.

Kate Morton: The Distant Hours; The House at Riverton
Kate Grenville: The Secret River; The Lieutenant
Geraldine Brooks: March

Books Read:
1. Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan - Completed March 4, 2011
2. The Infinity Gate by Sara Douglass - Completed July 28, 2011
3. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton - Completed October 29, 2011

3 comments:

  1. Warm welcome to the Aussie Author Challenge! You have some wonderful authors on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It should be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an Australian my novel Brigid which has just been republished as an ebook - available on Kindle - would fit into the category of Australian books. But I suppose it would also fit the Irish challenge as it is set mostly in Co.Clare and deals with the potato famine and how it was experienced by people like my ancestors. Details about it can be found on my website www.jillblee.com or the publisher's website www.eurekahouse.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.