What I Learned
Reading three bad books in a row can very easily kill a good reading month. It still turned out really well, but it wasn't as relaxed as I would hope. I also think that the library has been great for many things, but I limit myself because they often don't have books in the genres that I love. In March I am going to try and read some of my own books and not concentrate on the library very much. I want to read some non-fiction and fantasy, so my own stacks has plenty to provide.
I also learned that while I love my eReader, I didn't use it a lot this month. That is mainly because I struggled to read period, but still interesting...
New to Me Authors
Haruki Murakami (Norwegian Wood)
Joss Whedon (Serenity: Those Left Behind and Float Out)
Susan Hill (The Man in the Picture)
Felicia Day (The Guild)
Elizabeth Gaskell (North and South)
Giles Whittell (Spitfire Women of World War II)
In Death Series: 12/32
Serenity Series: 2/4
The Guild Series: 4/4 COMPLETED!
Jack of Fables Series: 8/8 CAUGHT UP!
Sevenwaters Series: 1/5
Regency Draculia Series: 1/3
Scott Pilgrim Series: 2/6
"New" Bone Series: 1/1 CAUGHT UP!
Chobits Series: 6/8
***Note: Regency Draculia Series is ARCs. The books are not technically out until March, April, and May.
***2nd Note: Scott Pilgrim Series may be stalled. The library doesn't have the rest and I am not sure I like the series enough to buy them.
Borrowed from Friend: 7
Personal Library: 2
What I Read
27. Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb (In Death Series, Book 11) (Completed January 31, 2011)
28. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (Completed February 5, 2011)
29. Serenity: Those Left Behind by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad (Completed February 9, 2011)
30. Serenity: Float Out by Patton Oswalt, Patric Reynolds, and Joss Whedon (Completed February 9, 2011)
31. The Muppet Show Comic Book: On the Road by Roger Landridge & Company (Completed February 9, 2011)
32. The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill (Completed February 10, 2011)
33. The Guild Issue 1 by Felicia Day & Jim Rugg (Completed February 10, 2011)
34. The Guild Issue 2 by Felicia Day & Jim Rugg (Completed February 10, 2011)
35. The Guild Issue 3 by Felicia Day & Jim Rugg (Completed February 10, 2011)
36. The Guild: Vork by Felicia Day, Jeff Lewis, & Company (Completed Feburary 10, 2011)
37. Muppet Snow White by Jesse Blaze Snider, Patrick Storck, & Company (Completed February 10, 2011)
38. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (Completed February 10, 2011)
39. A Fine and Terrible Place by Peter S. Beagle (Completed February 10, 2011)
40. Jack of Fables Volume 8: The Fulminate Blade by Bill Willingham & Company (Completed February 11, 2011)
41. Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon (Completed February 12, 2011)
42. Daughter of the Forest (Book One of The Sevenwaters Trilogy) by Juliet Marillier (Completed January 15, 2011)
43. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (Completed January 15, 2011)
44. The Vampire Voss by Colleen Gleason (Regency Draculia, Book 1) (Completed January 19, 2011)
45. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Volume 2 by Bryan Lee O'Malley (Completed January 19, 2011)
46. Bone: Quest for the Spark by Jeff Smith and Tom Sniegoski (Book 1) (Completed February 23, 2011)
47. Chobits Volume 6 by Clamp (Completed February 23, 2011)
48. Spitfire Women of World War II by Giles Whittell (Completed February 26, 2011)
49. The Muppet Show Comic Book: Muppet Mash by Roger Landridge & Company (Completed February 28, 2011)
Favourite Read of the Month:
Spitfire Women of World War II by Giles Whittell
Daughter of the Forest (Book One of The Sevenwaters Trilogy) by Juliet Marillier
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
Jack of Fables Volume 8: The Fulminate Blade by Bill Willingham & Company
The Guild Series by Felicia Day
Books Added to the TBR Pile
Kraken by China Mievelle (Book Credit)The Magicians and Mrs. Quent by Galen Beckett (Gift Card)
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (e-book)
This works out to 2 PHYSICAL books in and 2 PHYSICAL books read. YAY! (Does not make up for January, though...)
Thoughts on March
I just want to have fun in March. I have lots of books that I am excited about and have some carry-overs from this month that hopefully I will be able to finish. Also, I know there are going to be books trickling in so I REALLY need to read from my own personal library this month to even things out a bit. Also, my eReader was a bit neglected this month...
What are your plans for March?