Thursday, March 03, 2011

A Look at Challenges - February 2011

Sci-Fi Experience:

Books Read:
1. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
2. Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
3. Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb
4. Serenity: Those Left Behind by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad
5. Serenity: Float Out by Patton Oswalt, Patric Reynolds, and Joss Whedon

Status: COMPLETED!

Thoughts: I wish I had read more! I will likely read more science-fiction over the coming year, though.

The Great Reading Swap of 2011:

Books Read:
1. The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill
2. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
3. Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
4. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier

Status: 4 out of 24...

Thoughts: I honestly thought I was doing better on this than I am...

Manga Challenge:

Books Read:
1. Nightschool: The Weirn Books - Volume 1 by Svetlana Chmakova
2. Chobits Volume 5 by Clamp
3. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Volume 2) by Bryan Lee O'Malley
4. Chobits Volume 6 by Clamp

Status: 4/6

Thoughts: Well, at least with the slight reading I did in February I worked on this challenge!

Aussie Reading Challenge:

Books Read:
None

Status: 0/3

Thoughts: Yeah, need to read something for this. I have the books here and waiting!

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge:

Books Read:
1. The Sherlockian by Graham Moore
2. A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear

Status: 2/10

Thoughts: I am really surprised at this actually... I used to read a lot more historical fiction. I did read some historical fantasy, but decided to not count it...

Essay Reading Challenge:

Essays Read:
None

Status: 0/10

Thoughts: The library is thwarting me. I keep having ideas and then they don't have the book! I am getting annoyed, so I am ignoring this challenge for a bit until inspiration strikes.

Ireland Reading Challenge:

Books Read:
None

Status: 0/2

Thoughts: Expected to be reading a book for this challenge this month. Yay!

5 comments:

  1. did you know that Fire Fly is going to come to the sci fi station??? first time for reruns. unfortunately I don't have the sci fi station (but I do own the dvds!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you are doing very well for your challenges! I need to read The Invisible Man one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are enjoying quite a few challenges! I had a dismal February and need to get back to reading for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youre doing really well with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Pat: It is on Netflix, too. :)

    *Alice: Thanks!

    *Care: March is going better. Hope it is for you, too.

    *naida: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.