Sunday, July 03, 2011

June in Review

What I Learned

That too much going on makes it very hard to read and blog. I was doing really well with everything, but now I am not on track anymore. I didn't even do my Week in Review posts for most of June, so that is sad. I am hoping July will be better, but it is hard to really say. I have also actually started rereading books! In June I finished The Time Traveler's Wife for the third or fourth time and at some point soon I will be finishing Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I have enjoyed the rereading. I hope to do some more in the coming months.

I also have been reading fantasy. And, the big, thick fantasy novels that I have been neglecting. Not paranormal fantasy or young adult. I have reconnected with authors like Robin Hobb and have started reading authors like George R.R. Martin. It is a lot of fun! I have also been using my eReader again, but I am disgruntled. I bought an e-book, it won't work on my e-reader, and I am annoyed that they still have not emailed to tell me what is wrong. E-books are expected to be instant. I would have been better off buying it in paperback!

New to Me Authors

Charlotte Perkins Gilman (The Yellow Wallpaper)
Paolo Bacigalupi (Ship Breaker)

Series Talk

The Tawny Man Trilogy: 3/3 - FINISHED!
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Series: 5/5 - FINISHED!
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making Series? - 1/1 - CAUGHT UP!

The Source

Library: 1
Borrowed from Friend: 0
eReader: 1
Personal: 6

What I Read

It's a bit depressing...

124. The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (Completed June 3, 2011)
125. Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi (Completed June 4, 2011)
126. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (Completed June 7, 2011)
127. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants: Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares (Completed June 8, 2011)
128. Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb (The Tawny Man Trilogy, Book 3) (Completed June 19, 2011)
129. The Very Best of Charles de Lint (Completed June 19, 2011)
130. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (Completed June 23, 2011)
131. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (Completed June 28, 2011)

Favourite Read of the Month:
Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Books Added to the TBR Pile

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

Thoughts on July

No really plans. I have a couple books I started in June that I would really like to finish. I also have to read Dune for a read-along that you can learn all about on Stainless Steel Droppings. Other than that, we will see what the month brings...

What are your plans for your July?

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're finding books that you're enjoying! I understand the whole e-book thing. I bought an ebook from Goodreads and couldn't get it to work at all. :-( What a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be sad... you've read heaps of books this year and clearly loved what you've read. And you've reminded me that I need to nick my 'Liveship Trader' trilogy back off my daughter and get them read. Then I too can read the Tawny Man books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, i LOVE the Tawny Man trilogy! I am a sort of fan of Robin Hobb. some series are hit or miss with me. I started one of the last ones, um, can't think of the stupid title of the series now and never finished it because I kept waiting for the hard covers to come out in mass market and then would forget about them. Apparently Hobb's current series is supposed to be good, but I never think of them when I am in the store. =/

    June was busy and lacking in reading for a lot of people it seems. Including me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read what you want that's my motto!! I love Hobbs and Martin..both great authors!! Don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find re-reads very comforting when I'm stressed out. I reread Time Traveler's Wife last month via audio. And I'm hoping to start the Game of Thrones series on audio soon - I have a hold placed on book one at the library's Overdrive site.

    Hope you have a wonderful week, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. **Vasilly: I finally heard back from the company and instead of a solution they have a list of questions...

    **Cath: I am back at the beginning with Robin Hobb, actually...

    **Cat: I love Robin Hobb! She's a great author!

    **Staci: Thanks!

    **Carrie: I am enjoying re-reading lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.