Friday, August 05, 2011

Friday Reads - 4th Edition

I cannot believe it is Friday again! Where did the week go? My computer arrived today, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. So, no new computer until Monday now. I probably wouldn't have a lot of time to play with it this weekend anyway. The really annoying aspect is I have books from NetGalley and this ancient computer won't cooperate. I might go visit my mother later...

Also, next weekend is the Memorial Service for the cc's sister who passed away back in December. His family is arriving all ready, so it is hard to say how much I will be around. It might not change anything for me at all, but you never know. We went to see Cowboys and Aliens with his brother and sister-in-law last night. It was pretty good.

Currently Reading

A Secret Splendour by Sandra Brown - One of the women at work noticed I was a big reader and brought this in for me. It is not my type of book at all, but I didn't want to be rude... So, I am reading it.

The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde - The second hand bookstore had the newest book in this series, so since I own them all now I figured I should read them! I contemplated going back and starting from the beginning because I hadn't read Jane Eyre when I read the first book in the series. Instead, I think I will just finish the series and then reread later.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - I should be reading the next book in my NetGalley queue, but since I can't, I started this instead. It is pretty good so far. I almost wish I had just bought it so I could read it for R.I.P., but oh, well.

The Iron Throne by Caitlin Kittredge - This book shouldn't still be on the list, but for whatever reason it is the book I never seem to get around to lately. I am really liking it, so need to get back to it!

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - This is for a group read. I am behind! I don't want to fall too far behind because I am hosting one of the weeks and I am not sure how busy next week is going to be. I must get cracking!

2 comments:

  1. it doesn't sound like a fun weekend but glad you can be there for cc.

    I also bought Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and am saving it for RIP so I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Pat: Thanks! Apparently I didn't do a very good job this weekend judging by the response of some of the family... I am glad it is over with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.