Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Reads - 7th Edition

I have been thinking about about the R.I.P. Challenge the last few days. I went through old posts and actually have a potential pool of books saved in my drafts at the moment. I have been getting organized lately and figuring out where I stand with series. Now that I am caught-up, I included just some f the books I need to read in some of the series I have on the go. I will post everything next week.

This Week I am Reading:

Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey - I wasn't sure what to think of this book, but I have seen a lot of positive buzz and NetGalley had it. I was just less than thrilled it was the start of a trilogy, but now that I am reading it, I am actually looking forward to the rest of the books. I just am trying to finish series before starting more...







The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - I planned to be done this book by now, but I haven't been getting to it the way that I should. Hopefully I will manage to finish it by the end of the month because it is a great book.









Daphne by Justine Picardie - This is for a group read with Ana, Heather, and Chris. It is really good! It put me in the mood to read more Daphne du Maurier. I wish the library had a better selection... I might just have to reread Rebecca.








Rules of Civility by Amor Towles - I have heard really good things about this book. It is going really well so far and I look forward to seeing what else happens. It is going to be a buddy review with Chris.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:33 AM

    Wow, good job on figuring out which series to pursue. I have so many series going I can't remember anymore which ones are most exciting with the next book being a must-immediately-pounce-on book. It seems like almost every book I've read is giving me impatient feelings.

    --Sharry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're reading all of those now? I'd end up picking up the most compelling and dropping the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **Sharry: It took me a couple days to get organized and I know now I missed a few series, but at least I feel like I am organized...

    **bermudaonion: I do that. Sometimes I read a bit for each book, but then other times I just read one of them. It just depends on my mood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.