Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Reads - 7th Edition

I have been thinking about about the R.I.P. Challenge the last few days. I went through old posts and actually have a potential pool of books saved in my drafts at the moment. I have been getting organized lately and figuring out where I stand with series. Now that I am caught-up, I included just some f the books I need to read in some of the series I have on the go. I will post everything next week.

This Week I am Reading:

Becoming Marie Antoinette by Juliet Grey - I wasn't sure what to think of this book, but I have seen a lot of positive buzz and NetGalley had it. I was just less than thrilled it was the start of a trilogy, but now that I am reading it, I am actually looking forward to the rest of the books. I just am trying to finish series before starting more...

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - I planned to be done this book by now, but I haven't been getting to it the way that I should. Hopefully I will manage to finish it by the end of the month because it is a great book.

Daphne by Justine Picardie - This is for a group read with Ana, Heather, and Chris. It is really good! It put me in the mood to read more Daphne du Maurier. I wish the library had a better selection... I might just have to reread Rebecca.

Rules of Civility by Amor Towles - I have heard really good things about this book. It is going really well so far and I look forward to seeing what else happens. It is going to be a buddy review with Chris.


  1. Wow, good job on figuring out which series to pursue. I have so many series going I can't remember anymore which ones are most exciting with the next book being a must-immediately-pounce-on book. It seems like almost every book I've read is giving me impatient feelings.


  2. You're reading all of those now? I'd end up picking up the most compelling and dropping the rest.

  3. **Sharry: It took me a couple days to get organized and I know now I missed a few series, but at least I feel like I am organized...

    **bermudaonion: I do that. Sometimes I read a bit for each book, but then other times I just read one of them. It just depends on my mood.


Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.