Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Max Overacts Volume 1 by Canaan Grall

Max Overacts Volume 1 by Canaan Grall

Completion Date: November 6, 2012
Reason for Reading: Birthday Gift.
The strip is about Max’s unbridled optimism, and his quest to be the next greatest thespian. He wears his heart on his sleeve for his self-proclaimed leading lady, Janet, and lords his ‘planned’ status over his ‘accidental’ older sister, Andromeda. His best friend is Klaus, when his ventriloquist doll, Curio, isn’t around. You may notice Curio is based on Alexander from the Middle Ages.
From occasionalcomics.com

I got this for my birthday over a month ago and I am only getting around to reading it now! It is by a local author, too, so I feel bad for missing out all this time. It was like sitting down and reading the paper in the morning. I used to do that... Then, it just got too expensive and mostly depressing. I miss those moments, though, and comics like this one. It would fit right in with some of the long-running ones that people read and enjoy. I am looking forward to reading through the collection on the website. They are in colour and there are many of them. It should be a lot of fun!

I hope, in the off-chance the author finds his way over here, that he doesn't mind I took pictures of two of my favourite strips in the collection while I was reading:

And, this one seemed fitting considering a recent announcement concerning the franchise:

I apologize for the terrible quality of the pictures, but I hope it gives you some enjoyment! Max is a fun kid and is perfect for those moments where you need a smile. I look forward to seeing more from him, his family, and his friends.

Strongly recommended!

2 comments:

  1. I can't quite figure out if this is something I'd enjoy or not. That second one you posted totally made me smile, but the first one just made me sad. But yeah, I definitely think it's worth giving a go if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I stopped buying the newspaper awhile ago too but miss the comics as well. I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.