Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Auto-Buys

In which I attempt to start blogging... I am not sure if there will be reviews right away. At least if I do the mindless stuff I can start getting back into a groove.

I decided to do my very first Top Ten Tuesday hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. The prompt for today is auto-buy. I am sure I can come up with 10 and then some...

1. Derek Landy. I love Skulduggery Pleasant! I think this series is original compared to other series out there right now and I enjoy seeing the direction the author continues to take. It's about a skeleton detective. So silly, but so fun at the same time.

2. Arthur Slade. I need to get some of his backlist, but since reading Jolted by him I have bought everything.

3. Jacqueline Winspear. I really enjoy the Maisie Dobbs series. I started out reading this series through the library and then I was able to get review copies of her later books after a bit. As a result I went back and got the earlier books and now have a complete set. New book out by her soon!

4. Kristin Cashore. I loved Graceling and the sequels (of sorts). I cannot wait until she releases something new!!

5. James Rollins. I am so behind with Rollins and I feel terrible about that, but I continue to buy his books whenever they are released. That being said it is mostly the ones he writes by himself and I have not read his young series.

6. Bill Willingham. FABLES!!! Anything to do with Fables... I would like to read all his other series, too, but I haven't branched into that financial avenue yet.

7. Brian K. Vaughan. I started reading him last year and have quickly gathered quite the collection. Anything new he comes out with I will buy for sure.

8. Susanna Kearsley. I went into Kearsley not expecting her to be my type of author. I was very very wrong. I love her and get excited for every release!

9. Melanie Benjamin. I loved both Alice I Have Been and The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb. I have her newest book, of course, and can't wait until more!!

10. So. Many. Others. I always get the new books by Audrey Nieffenegger, Lisa See, John Green, David Levithan, etc etc. And I am slowly trying to make authors like Terry Pratchett an auto-buy by attempting to catch-up on his backlist. I also always get Neil Gaiman's new books because while he doesn't always knock my socks off, I still am always willing to try...

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, so many new authors to try! I don't think I have any of the same ones on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of these I've only read GRACELING by Kristin Cashore, but I will definitely read the other two books soon! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many on your list that I haven't read! Argh! So many books! I need more hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High-five for Kristin Cashore! That woman is beastly awesome.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-10-tuesday-my-top-auto-buy-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willingham and Vaughan are both fantastic writers. I haven't read anything by the others writers. Terry Pratchett is a writer whose work I'm trying to read more of too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for getting back into blogging. :)
    I don't think I've read any of the authors on your list until you get to #10, and then I've read all of those and loved most of them. My list is here: http://worducopia.blogspot.com/2013/02/8-authors-id-read-anything-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--I can't believe how many of those I've never read any of! Though I know a few of them are on the happiness list youse me so I'll definitely be reading them sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You probably already know the only author whose books I cannot bear to wait for. Yes, of course, it's Simon Van Booy. :) I get really excited about Susanna Kearsley's books, though. And, Sarah Addison Allen's. I'm sure I could go on but I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard so . . . another time. Loved reading your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.