Monday, January 13, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-thon - Wrap-up

My first time officially reading for a read-a-thon.... I can't believe I am saying that. Generally I blog-hop and ramble on Twitter. I think a week-long challenge is actually a good idea for me. I would have liked to blog hop, but I didn't want to waste reading time other than my general blog-hopping and Twitter use. I am trying to get back in groove after a slow reading year in 2013. I didn't really set any goals. Just read!

I managed to finish 9 books and am quite happy about that. I read the following:

1. Fables - Volume 2: Animal Farm by Bill Willingham and Company (January 5, 2014) - 112 Pages
2. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan (January 5, 2014) - 208 Pages
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (January 7, 2014) - 433 Pages (12 Hours, 48 Mins) 4. Ex Machina - Volume 1: The First Hundred Days by Brian K. Vaughan and Company (January 7, 2014) - 136 Pages
5. The Escapists by Brian K. Vaughan and Company (January 8, 2014) - 176 Pages
6. Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight (January 10, 2014) - 400 Pages 7. Henrietta's War: News from the Home Front 1939-1942 by Joyce Dennys (January 11, 2014) - 158 Pages (3 Hours, 47 Mins)
8. Pantomime (Pantomime, Book 1) by Laura Lam (January 12, 2014) - 392 Pages
9. Barrayer (Vorkosigan Series) by Lois McMaster Bujold (January 12, 2014) - 336 Pages

I will be better organized for the next Bout of Books.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you! I only managed to meet my goal of 4 books finished but it was my first full week at work after vacation and work was insane this week so 4 books made me very happy.

    So glad you joined in. I like the week-long challenge better than the weekend ones because I'm always busy on weekends.

    Hope this is a great kickoff to 2014 for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 9 books is absolutely fantastic! If this doesn't kickstart your 2014 reading year, I don't know what will.

    I can't wait to see what else you read this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine books is great! What a wonderful start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nine books, that's wonderful! I'm just getting ready to begin a unit on fables with my class, and I've wanted to read some Rainbow Rowell as her name keeps cropping up with much praise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great, Kelly! I love the idea of a week long read-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's impressive! Looks like you're off to a fantastic start! It's been so long since I've read fables I should hunt down a volume.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You rocked that readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You read nine books?! That's amazing! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nine books is amazing! I haven't finished a book in a week and I'm feeling a little antsy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you're happy with your reading--nine books is awesome! That is one fantastic start to 2014, Kelly!!! Hope it's allowed you to banish the ghost of 2013. :P I've never participated in Bout of Books, but I really think I might give it a go for the next one. Are you going to do that one too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally tanked on BoB this time. I just could not find the time to read! You totally rocked it though! So proud of you!

    I hope you review Pantomime. I'm interested in what you thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - that is a great way to start the year! I was doing so well on my reading while I was on vacation but now that I'm back at work my reading has taken a nosedive. Not enough hours in the day. Anyway, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nine books - wow! So impressive. I have been wanting to start Fable for a while - got the first book from the library last year but didn't have a chance to get to it before I had to return it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome start to the year!! I really want to participate in this next time. The timing has been wrong for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 9 books is fantastic! I've never tried a read-a-thon but probably should. I don't think I'd get 9 books read though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.