Monday, March 02, 2015

February in Review

What I Learned

Well, I have mentioned a couple times that I have basically been in a reading slump for like a year or more. I was delighted to find that reading can still click with me and it did in February. I am not sure what the rest of the year will bring, but I am very excited that I had one good reading month after such a long drought. Hopefully I can keep the excitement and momentum going!

The Books
18. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
19. Cress by Marissa Meyer
20. Fairest by Marissa Meyer
21. Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
22. Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
23. Ember by Bettie Sharpe
24. March: Book 1 by John Robert Lewis
25. X-23: The Killing Dream by Marjorie M. Liu
26. Mystery Society by Steve Niles
27. Ultimate X-Men - Volume 1: The Tomorrow People by Mark Millar
28. The Underwater Welder by Jeff Lemire
29. How a Mother Weaned her Daughter from Fairy Tales by Kate Bernheimer
30. Anthem by Ayn Rand
31. Silently and Very Fast by Catherynne Valente
32. Blue is the Warmest Color by Julie Maroh
33. The Woods - Volume 1: The Arrow by James Tynion IV
34. The Woods - Issue 6 by James Tynion IV
35. Bizenghast Volume 1 by Alice LeGrow
36. Bizenghast Volume 2 by Alice LeGrow
37. Bizenghast Volume 3 by Alice LeGrow
38. Bizenghast Volume 4 by Alice LeGrow
39. Bizenghast Volume 5 by Alice LeGrow
40. Bizenghast Volume 6 by Alice LeGrow
41. Bizenghast Volume 7 by Alice LeGrow
42. Bizenghast Volume 8 by Alice LeGrow
43. Splendour in the Snow by Diana Thung
44. Kat & Mouse Volume 1: Teacher Torture by Alex de Campi
45. Kat & Mouse Volume 2: Tripped by Alex de Campi
46. Kat & Mouse Volume 3: The Ice Storm by Alex de Campi
47. Kat & Mouse Volume 4: The Knave of Diamonds by Alex de Campi
48. Alex & Ada: Volume 1 by Jonathan Luna
49. Rat Queens: Volume 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe
50. This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
51. Peach Fuzz - Volume 1 by Lindsay Cibos
52. Peach Fuzz - Volume 2 by Lindsay Cibos
53. Peach Fuzz - Volume 3 by Lindsay Cibos
54. The Hero's Guide to Saving your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
55. Star Trek: The Next Generation - Slings and Arrows, Book 1: A Sea of Troubles by J. Steven York

The Source

Bought: 3
Scribd: 29
E-Book: 1
Gift: 3
Audio: 1

New to me Authors

Allie Brosh (Hyperbole and a Half)
Anne Ursu (Breadcrumbs)
John Robert Lewis (March Book 1)
Bettie Sharpe (Ember)
Marjorie M. Liu (X-23)
Steve Niles (Mystery Society)
Mark Millar (Ultimate X-Men)
Kate Bernheimer (How a Mother Weaned her Daughter from Fairy Tales)
Ayn Rand (Anthem)
Julie Maroh (Blue is the Warmest Color)
James Tynion IV (The Woods)
Alice LeGrow (Bizenghast)
Alex de Campi (Kat & Mouse)
Jonathan Luna (Alex & Alda)
Kurtis J. Wiebe (Rat Queens)
Lindsay Cibos (Peach Fuzz)
Christopher Healy (The Hero's Guide to Saving your Kingdom)

Series Talk

The Lunar Chronicles - 3/3 Caught up! (or 4/4 if you count Fairest)
March Trilogy - 1/2
Ultimate X-Men - 1/15?
Bizenghast - 8/8 FINISHED!
Kat & Mouse - 4/4 FINISHED!
Alex & Alda - 1/1 - Caught up!
Rat Queens - 1/1 - Caught up!
Peach Fuzz - 3/3 - FINISHED!
The Hero's Guide - 1/3
Slings & Arrows - 1/6

Books Added to the TBR Pile

Fairest: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
The Just City by Jo Walton
First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen
The Monopolists by Mary Pilon
The Very Best of Kate Elliott

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great reading month! So pleased for you. I see you have the new Jo Walton on tbr pile. Must get to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Definitely a great reading month! I was in a reading slump for most of last year too. I'm hoping Scribd will be helpful keeping me out of a slump this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for reading momentum! I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a damn impressive month of reading! Hope your reading enthusiasm sticks with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good month! Keep reading what's worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My reading in the past two years has been so off. Each year I feel like I'm reading less it's like what is going on?! But this year, I seem to be getting back to normal! So glad to hear you are also getting you reading mojo back and look at you - awesome reason month! Hope March continues to be a great reading month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad February was a good reading month for you, Kelly! It's good to see you reading again. Here's to a fabulous March!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've really been using Scribd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.