Monday, March 30, 2015

Week in Review (13)

Random Thoughts

This last week was all about the comic books. I am just accepting that is what is working for me this year and not pushing anything else on myself. I am just happy to be reading! And, well, I am not sure what I am doing with Marvel Unlimited long-term, so I am going to enjoy this month!

Graphic Novel Year

Captain Marvel Volume 1
Secret Skull
Mystery Society Special 2013
Captain Marvel Volume 2
And then some random Captain Marvel's that would make up Volume 3, but I didn't find that...
Marvels
Young Avengers - Volume 1 - Style > Substance
Young Avengers - Volume 2
Mystic: The Tenth Apprentice
Doctor Strange: Beginnings and Endings
Young Avengers - Volume 1: Sidekicks
X-Men: Fairy Tales
Young Avengers - Volume 2: Family Matters
Young Avengers - Volume 3: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space
Arana - Volume 1 - Heart of the Spider
Young Avengers Present

Audiobooks

Really slacking...

Currently Reading

Comics!

Weekly Reading

I decided to revisit the older series since I am reading the newer series. I am not sure why they did it this way... The series that is out now is really a continuation of this one!







Then I read Volume 2 and a bunch of various comics that were crossovers and I am assuming Volume 3 potential. I am really like this series and Carol!







I really liked The Mystery Society and look, another series! This one seems to come first and explains a character that will appear in the latter series. It was a great read and I wish it was longer!






Another spin-off! Short, but good! I wish this series had done better.








I read this because Memory recommended it. Good stuff!









I was a bit worried about this series. I haven't had good luck with younger characters in series, but this worked for me. I look forward to more!







So I read, and enjoyed, more!









Why is this series so short!!!! It was really good and I love fantasy and it should have been longer!








More Memory recommended goodness!









More! Yay! I am discovering so much good stuff at Marvel.









So, I have discovered I really like X-Men. Then we add Fairy Tales. YAY! 








More Avengers good stuff!









The end of another Young Avengers mini-series. I am hopeful that this series will get another revamp and maybe go a bit longer. You are kind of left feeling like you hardly got to know the new characters.






It had a female lead so I randomly read it. Good, but didn't knock my socks off.








This series gives a chance to meet the older characters and get to know them a bit better. Hopefully they do some issues on the newer characters. And then I am sure there are crossovers.







Weekly Posts


New Additions

Nothing this week!









8 comments:

  1. Down continues in Avengers: The Enemy Within (TBP), which I ended up buying digitally because someone took out my library's copy two months ago and never brought it back >:( Is that what you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at all those comics! Great to hear that you are enjoying these so much. I would love to hear more of your thoughts on the Mystery Society. Haven't you reviewed one before? It sounds familiar. Anyway, hope you have another great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're still having fun with the comics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comics are hot right now so you're in style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:41 PM

    You are the coolest. Keep being YOU! - Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were a bunch of comics on sale this week, and I think I picked up that Vol. 1 of Ms. Marvel. All of the different starts and restarts confuse me! I got a volume of Batgirl that I thought was the newest one... but turns out it was the previous reboot. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally reading Watchmen. I'm not good at reading graphic novels yet; I get caught up in the words and forget to pay attention to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great list of comics you've been reading. I have Memory's list now too so I'm really hoping to make full use of my Marvel Unlimited as well as all your great Scribd recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.