Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 End of Year Book Survey

Here we are for another year of the book survey hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner.

Number Of Books You Read: 366
Number of Re-Reads: 11
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Best YA: Another Day by David Levithan or Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
Best Fantasy: Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer or Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Best Science-Fiction: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
Best Graphic Novel: As I read mostly graphic novels this year, this could be its own post... We will see if I can make that happen! If I had to pick one, I would go with Hexed by Michael Alan Nelson.
Best Historical Fiction: The Girl you Left Behind by Jojo Moyes or The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
Best Audiobook: The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Best Non-Fiction Book: Mrs Robinson's Disgrace by Kate Summerscale

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Woods by James Tynion IV - I didn't expect to like this series, but it ended up clicking with me.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Hexed by Michael Alan Nelson - A lot of people said they were going to read it, anyway.

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
um, maybe Ms. Marvel because it convinced me I didn't mind superhero comics like I used to and inspired much of my reading this year. The best sequel would be all the Marissa Meyer books. I still have to read Winter. The best series ender was hands down Fables. I still have not entirely accepted that is over with!

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
This is a tough one... I discovered a lot of authors in 2015 reading comics. Maybe, if I had to pick one, Michael Alan Nelson. After I read Hexed by him, I had to seek out his other stuff.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Spirits Abroad by Zen Cho - No matter how hard I try, I just am not a huge fan of short story collections. I liked this one, though!

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
If all goes well, 2016 is going to be a big comic reread year. I would like to read all of my comics in 2016. There are few I still haven't got to, but it will mostly be rereading.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
I really enjoy the covers to all of Marissa Meyer's books.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Deadpool! I love Deadpool!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
um... Probably The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey or maybe Shine by Lauren Myracle

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Probably The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes. An author I have been meaning to read forever.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I never keep track of this...

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
I am not sure...

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Fables... Even though they said it was over, it was still a bit of a shock when I purchased and read the very last book in the series.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
I never know how to answer this question... lol

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Penelope and Simon from Carry On.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously.
There are a few, but I will go with The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult.

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Fire on the Mountain by Terry Bisson. I read it because of Jo Walton.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Not something I ever really think about. Maybe Deadpool. lol

23. Best 2015 debut you read?
um... I may not have read any...

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
This is a hard one because I read so many comics and they have a lot of world-building going on... I am going to go with The Child Thief  by Brom.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Anything to do with Deadpool!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
hm. I read Francine Proses's book about Anne Frank. That was a depressing book...

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Iron King by Maurice Druon. How did I miss this series existed?

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Hexed! I loved Hexed!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Fables. HOW IS IT OVER???

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have The Snow Child on my audiobook list at the library! I'll check it out.

    I also loved Dante and Aristotle, I thought that book was really great :-) And Spirits Abroad, too!

    I admit I have never heard of Hexed - I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 366 books?! Wow! You had an awesome year. I, too, loved Aristotle and Dante. One of the best YA books I've read in a long time. I am eager to give graphic novels more of a chance in 2016 and want to start with Jessica Jones. Love the show and think the book will be great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, sorry, go back! You read 366 books? HOW CAN THAT BE THAT IS SO MANY. I am hugely impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great to see you back to blogging and what a great post to come back with! Wow, what a reading accomplishment - 366 books! Amazing. Here's wishing you another fabulous reading year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Moyes! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked Hexed too! I almost never hear people talk about it. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my most anticipated reads is Winter! Great reading year for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.