Friday, October 14, 2016
Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts
2. | I am pretty sure snails are reading for me lately. I have been reading The Nightingale all week and I am only like halfway. My audio listening has slowed way down, too. It's just discouraging because there is so much that I want to read and I am taking forever getting to it! I mean, I have a few unread graphic novels that I have received the last couple months. I don't know who I am reading-wise at the moment.
3. | I know that part of my reading issues are other hobbies. But, this blogging more isn't helping if I am taking away so much from my reading! I could be reading right now. Instead I read blogs and am now writing this post. My day just gets away from me and I know work is really getting me down at the moment which is not helping at all.
4. | I haven't really even been using Litsy. I stick a picture up and like the people I follow, but as fun as I find the app it is all ready something I am not finding time for. I had big plans and was so excited about its release.
5. | I am pretty sure the theme to 2016 is I have no time. I have tried to be more organised. I got into bullet journals and planners and cleaning schedules. I had high hopes that I could be better with time and get more done, but it is October and I still never accomplish anything. The days when my to do list in my Bullet Journal is all checked off is rare. And, the stuff that I don't get to are usually simple things or just simply enjoyable things.
6. | So, what do I do when life feels insane? Buy books... That I do not have time to actually read! Yesterday, I used Audible credits in their sale and got the beginning to the Vorkosigan series because apparently reading the actual series hasn't worked well. But, who knows when I will get to them? I suppose there are worst things you can do when you are feeling down, but all it does is put more books in view that I want to read and don't have time for.
7. | I really should say something positive in this list, but I am not sure what to say at this point. I love the autumn, but they are predicting a bad winter. I am all ready feeling blah now, so I have no idea how I will make it through a winter with lots of snow. And with other changes happening, I predict my overall mood to get worse instead of better.
Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts is hosted over here.