Friday, November 11, 2016
Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts
1. | I can't believe we have a kitten. I had no plans to get one any time soon and it actually has been a while since we had one. Casey was about 5 months old when we got her, but this kitten was only 10 weeks old. And then Finn we got as a cat, so bit of a change! She is definitely active!
2. | There have been a couple reports of grey cats in the area, but none of them have turned out to be Casey. The other night I could hear coyotes really close. That is very unusual, but has made me feel even sadder about everything. Now I am nervous just letting Mackie out after they were that close the other night. And, no more outdoor cats in this house! (Not that I ever wanted there to be in the first place...)
3. | This week has seemed so long and I am behind on everything. Colds really throw off your week. Add in everything else that happened this week and I am glad the week is almost over. Hopefully next week will be better!
4. | I read the new Gotham Academy graphic novel yesterday. Yay, actually reading something! It was good, but not my favourite in the series. It is nice to finish something the same week you receive it. That definitely doesn't happen that much anymore!
5. | I think this is the most I have blogged since like 2009. Will it keep up? Probably not... But, it has been fun being part of the blogging community again.
6. | If I could have one luxury, it would be a maid. I am so sick and tired of my house always being a disaster. No one picks up after themselves. I feel like I pick up the same things over and over again everyday. I am pretty sure that I do. And now we are back to two cats, both of who are very enthusiastic litter users. I took everything out of there on Wednesday and vacuumed and mopped. You would never know it now.
7. | I am just having one of those weeks where I am not sure where the hours are going. I am not reading. I am hardly using Instagram. I have hardly been using Litsy. I haven't been listening to my audiobook. I am hardly using my planners. Even though I am pretty sure I have cleaned this week, you would never know it. Maybe next week will feel more organised.
8. | I got the David's Tea Advent Calendar this year. I wasn't going to, but Memory did and I have always wanted to do it. There is enough tea for two cups per day, I believe, so I am hoping it will be a couples thing and maybe a new tradition. I am excited to try!
9. | Chloe really wants Finn to like her. She follows him around. Mackie wants everyone to like him and doesn't understand why the kitten keeps growling at him. Last night when I went upstairs, both cats were asleep on the spare bed near to each other. Then, Mackie joined in. I am glad they are starting to get along, but it was also a bittersweet moment that made me wish Casey was there, too. The moment was ruined when the kitten started playing with the dogs tail. lol
10. | Today is Remembrance Day, so make sure to appreciate the sacrifices of men and women that have done so much for us and fought for the freedom we enjoy today. I feel like the election this week shows that we have forgotten history in many forms, but that is just my opinion.