Friday, November 25, 2016
Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts
1. | I am actually kind of glad that 2016 is almost over. I am not even sure if there was one main thing I can put my finger on, but a bunch of things that all came together and made 2016 a terrible year for me. I actually went to see a doctor about how overwhelmed I was feeling, so here is hoping I can get my head clear and be myself again for 2017.
2. | I did my traditional Audible audio shopping yesterday, since Audible was nice and emailed about the sale before it started as an early special. I look forward to it every year because the guy buys me what I would like as an early Christmas present. Normally he thinks that means a couple. This year he let me buy all the ones in my cart... *cough* 12 *cough*. Usually I would have thinned them out after he told me how much I could spend. I think it is less about Christmas and more about how much audios and the treadmill have helped me with my ankle. I am excited and cannot wait to finish my current audio and dive into the new ones!
3. | If anyone is curious, I got Straight: The Surprisingly Short History of Heterosexuality, Mort(e), Packing for Mars, Hexed, Hammered, A Man Called Ove, Where'd You Go Bernadette, The Fifth Season, Salt to the Sea, Written in Red, Changeless, and The Grace of Kings. So, three rereads and the rest are new to me books.
4. | I have a desktop and I have been writing up some posts. I had a bottle of water. Chloe walked off with the lid and then became obsessed with the water bottle itself. After moving it all over the place so she couldn't knock it over and refilling her water dish, the water is in the kitchen until I am done. Silly cat.
5. | Mackie, on the other hand, is taking advantage of the fact the other human is not home and is asleep on our bed, I am pretty sure. Spoiled. lol I let him up there, you have seen the pictures, but he is technically not supposed to be up there.
6. | I am writing this on Thursday evening after starting The Comet Seekers. I am hoping to have read beyond the 100 pages I have read now by the time this post goes live. It is really good so far. This could be derailed if the kitten succeeds in her current attempts to kill herself. Her and a whole bunch of movies just went crashing to the floor. She's fine, though. She has moved on to attacking the blinds.
7. | Becky and I had so much fun with our Movie Month, even though I was constantly falling behind, that we decided to do a December holiday theme for 25 days. She has all ready posted the list on her blog. I will before the 1st! Join in if you feel like it!
8. | I have started going back over my books that entered the house this year to see how many I have read. The big thing hanging over my head is the Kevin Hearne books, but I have read a really good portion of the books I received this year. It would be nice to get through some more before the end of the year!