Let's see what I would like to do in 2017:
1. | Continue my habit of using an Audible credit and immediately reading the book. The only time I swerved from that plan was when they had a sale on Lois McMaster Bujold and I used some credits to get a bunch of her famous series. Otherwise, in 2016, I listened to everything that I used a credit on and need to continue that practice in 2017.
2. | Keep up the habit of audiobook listening. I tend to fall of the wagon with this here and there. I need to keep it up!
3. | Concentrate on reading my own books. This should be manageable this year because I rarely go to the library here, I do not have Scribd anymore, etc. I do have Marvel Unlimited and Audible, but they add to my reading; not really take away from it.
4. | Catch up on series. I am so bad with series people. I like them, but I am so behind on so many. I honestly purged a bunch of series over the last couple book purges because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. Some of the fantasy was because I have read book 1 and the series is 20 books long. Or, I had a couple series that I had not even started. Or, it had just been forever since I read book one, so clearly I was not in a rush to get to book 2 anytime soon. These were mainly series I see at the second hand store all the time, so if my mind changes then I can always easily get them back. It was just an attempt to take some pressure off myself! I love fantasy but everything is a flipping series.
5. | Read every book that enters my house this year, this year. Considering my track record, we will see how that goes!
6. | Read the 9 books off this Top Ten Tuesday from 2016 that I never got to in 2015 or '16.
7. | Read the books that I got in 2016. I made a list and for the month of January I have a small pile of them on my nightstand. If this works out, I will make a pile every month. I didn't do my normal Books for Christmas book splurge this year, so all ready less books are entering my house for 2017.
8. | Read from Marvel Unlimited. I go through spurts with this app. As long as I am reading from it fairly regularly, then I can keep it. I find that it helps off-set my reading when I am not in the mood for longer works.
9. | Read more nonfiction. Even 12 this year would be a good goal!
10. | Don't ignore my e-reader. If I had an ideal goal it would be read a physical book, read a comic, read an e-book, read a comic, etc. The comics work by getting to the few unread graphic novels on my TBR and also by using Marvel Unlimited.
1. | I rejoined Postcrossing this year and sent 8 postcards so far. I want to keep up the postcard sending and start collecting more postcards from around the world again.
2. | Use the treadmill regularly. I am really off the wagon with this between a cold and just general blah that I have been feeling the last few months. I need to get back in the routine.
3. | Use my real camera! Something tells me this will be more in the spring than right now, but honestly, use it more.
4. | Post a phone everyday on Instagram. Try to find pictures of something other than cats, the dog, and books. lol
5. | Use Litsy! I love Litsy, but it sort of fell off the priority list as 2016 went.
There are other things, but not stuff I need to share on here.
So, there we have it. Things I would like to do in 2017. We will see how that goes!