Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bad Bloggers


For some reason, I had a strong desire to ramble on about politics today, but I figure that is not a good idea. Today is the provincial elections for my province. I have a lot of strong opinions about the whole political structure of both the province and the country, but I will keep my opinions to myself. All I know is that I am not looking forward to the voting. The only thing I will slip in is that I wish it was a federal election and not a provincial one. Well, I wish there wasn't an election at all, but since there has to be... Anyway, as far as I am concerned this is bad timing on the part of the province. The budget was rejected, minority government, election called... Lots of money spent! Doesn't it seem counter-productive to spend money when the province doesn't have any?

Anyway, for not saying anything, I think I said enough. These are the books that I picked up at the library yesterday.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones - Point for Nymeth (And, I have the sequel out from the library all ready, so figured I should read this one first!)

Just in Case by Meg Rosoff - Point for Chris (This is what happens when you use someones wish list for other purposes. You end up adding books to your own wish list!)

Wake by Lisa McMann - Good question. Been on the list for a while.

Well Witched by Frances Hardinge - Point for Darla D.

Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson - Point for Becky

I have actually been doing pretty good about keeping both my library holds and my library pile under control. Yay me!

10 comments:

  1. I voted today but had to run all over the place to do it. My card was sent to a place I haven't lived at in 2 yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at other people's wishlists is definitely a dangerous, dangerous thing :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Japanese animated movie of Howl's Moving Castle but have never read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Cath on this one, I've seen the cartoon but not read the book..I did try to find it once but it's only in pocketbook paperback and I have a hard time reading those anymore so only get hardbacks and tradepaperbacks.

    you are never under control when it comes to reading LOL.. you , becky and nymeth! h ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris: That's annoying!

    Ana: Yep! But, good books are always nice.

    Cath: I have never seen the movie. I will have to check it out.

    Pat: That's too bad. I have read the book now and I thought it was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kailana, I've enjoyed Wake by Lisa McMann! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just checked out Steamboy from the library. Now I definitely have to check out Howl's Moving Castle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you haven't read Howl's Moving Castle! It's fantastic. I have the sequel but haven't read it yet. The movie is also very, very good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky got me on Alcatraz, too! It's in my pile now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alice: I hope I enjoy Wake, too!

    Vasilly: Howl's Moving Castle was good. I am looking forward to more from her.

    Aarti: I have read it now! :) I need to see the movie.

    Darla: Yes, Alcatraz does look fun. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.