Monday, February 21, 2011

Muppet Snow White by Jesse Blaze Snider, Patrick Storck, & Company

Muppet Snow White by Jesse Blaze Snider, Patrick Storck, & Company

Completion Date: February 10, 2011
Reason for Reading: Carry On With Series
It's the classic tale of Snow White, with the Muppet twist! When Queen Piggy learns she's not the fairest in the land, she will stop at nothing to gain back the title...but when Snow White escapes to the woods to live with the Muppet band Electric Mayhem, hilarity will ensue!
Fiction or non-fiction? Genre?
Fiction. Graphic Novel.

What led you to pick up this book?
I have been reading this series so far this year and this is the next one that the library had available.

Summarize the plot, but don’t give away the ending!
Obviously this is a Muppets version of Snow White, but with a few twists and turns. Miss Piggy is not exactly happy with the popular story, so she makes a few changes and there are characters that were not exactly in the original story.

What did you like most about the book?
The creativity, of course. The art was really well done and the story changes were entertaining. It is the original story at some points, but with the Muppets flair thrown in. Even when it is attempting to stick close to the original there are lots of liberties taken, of course.

What did you like least?
Nothing really major. It was a fun read.

Have you read any other books by this author? What did you think of those books?
Not really by the author, but I have read other books in the series.

What did you think of the main character?
Miss Piggy was entertaining, of course. She played the wicked step-mother and was not happy when the prince, Kermit, goes to awaken the sleeping Snow White. Or, well, sort of Snow White. She is a blonde pig in this book. All the characters are lots of fun and there wasn't one that I didn't enjoy.

What about the ending?
The ending changes from the original a lot, but it leads to typically Muppets adventure and was fun.

What did you think about the cover?
I really liked the cover. Great artwork!

Series:
Muppet Peter Pan
Muppet King Arthur
Muppet Sherlock Holmes
Muppet Snow White

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Oh, Oh, how did I not know about these! I must find them :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura: It was a lot of fun!

    bermudaonion: They are. That's what I read them for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks adorable! I didn't not know about this series. I hope my library has them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like all kinds of fun. Of COURSE Miss Piggy would be Snow White ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh awesomeness! I love re-tellings of classic fairy tales and what could be better than the Muppets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim: My library amazingly had them all so far. Fun reads!

    Aarti: They are fun!

    Tink: Nothing? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.