Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week in Review (41)

Random Thoughts

It is here! The 2011 Virtual Advent Tour for the 6th year. I hope people will join in! The website was redesigned this year and for that I must thank Alex for doing a great job. She also designed the gorgeous buttons. You can find the sign-up post here.

I have still not really been reading so far, but hopefully that will shift before the rest of the month flies by.

Challenge News

None of the few books I have read this month count for any challenges.

Weekly Reads

235. Alice, I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin (Completed November 7, 2011)
236. The Secret Circle: Book 1 - The Initiation by L.J. Smith (Completed November 11, 2011)

Weekly Posts

What Are You Listening to Wednesday - Week 1
Tuning in on Thursday - Week 2
Thursday's Tales - Week 2
Friday Reads - 18th Edition
Six Sentence Saturday - November 12, 2011

New Additions

Bought:
Nothing this week...

Borrowed:
Down These Strange Streets edition by George R.R. Martin
Revenge of the Lobster Lover by Hilary MacLeod
Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian
The Antagonist by Lynn Coady
Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro
The Lunenburg Werewolf by Steve Vernon

Loaded:
Nothing this week...

Received:
Nothing this week...

6 comments:

  1. The new Virtual Advent site is gorgeous!!!!!

    How is the experience of reading The Secret Circle? I want to go back and read the books I barely remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't buy anything this week! Go You!! Me on the other hand...checked out several from the library and added to my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll sign up for Virtual Advent this year. There's a post that I've been meaning to write for years now. I think it's time to write it. ;-) You're still hit by your reading slump?! That's awful. I hope you find something that can hold your interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:33 PM

    I just signed up for the Adevnt Tour - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Shelleyrae
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 236 books? TWO HUNDRED THIRTY-SIX?????? You are really killing on the book count, this year, Kelly!

    I am so not a joiner, but I keep looking at the Virtual Advent Tour and thinking, "Hmm, maybe," every year. I'm pondering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. **Amy: Pretty good so far. I was amazed by just how different the books are. They changed a lot!

    **Staci: I know! Good thing, too, because I haven't read much either...

    **Vasilly: Yay! You always consider it, but then I don't think you sign up in the end...

    **bookdout: I saw! I hope you have lots of fun!

    **Bookfool: I hope you do sign-up one year. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.