Friday, December 16, 2005

A Complicated Kindness - Miriam Toews (November/05)


When I read it I had this to say on another site:

I wanted to read this book because it won a big award in Canada, The Governor General's award. I am a Canadian, so I am big on supporting the writers of my country, and this book was one of the better pieces of fiction I have read from here. It is about a Mennonite community in Ontario (province in Canada, I know not everyone is a pro at geography). Anyways, they are very religious and primitive, but the children are starting to break the mould so to speak. This book follows Nomi through her 12th year of high school, with flashbacks to the life that she lived before. I really enjoyed it!

4.5/5

I also have another book to read by Miriam Toews:
Swing Low: A Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.