Saturday, May 20, 2006

Reading meme

Reading Memories

20 Years Ago: (age 1ish)
-- My first word was book
-- People read to me, I am sure, but not like I remember!

-- 10 Years Ago: (age 11)
-- I read a lot, was reading at levels above my age.
-- Got bored of Anne M. Martin and the other series my friends were reading
-- Won awards in reading, and more often than not, read more than anyone else in my class

5 Years Ago: (age 16)
-- I discovered Madeleine L'Engle around this time, who I still love.
-- Got told by my teacher that I wasn't allowed to follow reading levels because the ones I was supposed to be reading were too easy for me
-- Began my fantasy obsession stage and read the entire Anne of Green Gables series

3 Years ago: (age 18)
-- Went through my Tolkien stage, read LoTR and Hobbit, as well as attempted some of his other works.
-- Became very interested in novels set in or about Canada.
-- Began my attempt to read more classics... did get through a couple, still need to work on it.

Last Year: (age 20)
-- I discovered losts of exciting second hand book stores
-- I branched out in reading, even reading Oprah book club selections, something I wouldn't have ever done before.
-- I read about 150 novels, which was an impressive feat considering I am in university.
-- Reread Madeleine L'Engle

This Month: (age 21)
-- I discoverd that I don't mind ALL romancy novels by reading J.D. Robb
-- Discovered lots of new authors that I look forward to reading more of.
-- Have read 15 books so far this month.

Booking some more

3 Favorite Reading Locations:
-- porch swing
-- in bed before I go to sleep
-- in a comfy chair or my futon

3 Reading habits:
-- If I am at an interesting part in a book and someone harasses me to pay attention to them I can be quite cranky at the interruption, normally I tune everyone out.
-- I set limits for myself so as to not read too long and forget about the rest of the world-
- I cannot read with the television on. I get too distracted. If I'm reading during commercial breaks I mute the T.V.

3 Things that distract me:
-- Television
-- Loud people
-- My exchange students

3 Characters I'd love to be:
um, no one, just myself

3 Three Characters I despise:
Good question... I don't know.

3 Favorite Book Bevrages:
-- diet pepsi/pepsi
-- French vanilla cap
-- orange juice

3 Favorite bookmarks:
-- receipts, pieces of paper, etc
-- book store bookmarks
-- Any of the actual bookmarks that I happen to encounter

3 Dead Writers I'd love to meet:
-- Jean Plaidy (Eleanor Hibbert)
-- Lucy Maud Montgomery
-- Marion Zimmer Bradley

3 Alive Writers I'd love to meet:
-- James Rollins
-- Madeleine L'Engle
-- Laurell K. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.