Thursday, August 31, 2006

R.I.P. Challenge Take 2



So, it seems a lot of people are joining in on the reading challenge for autumn, to read books with a darker feel to them. I was iffy about whether or not I wanted to join, but since I didn't do the summer challenge, I am going to give this a try. The books I finally decided on are below.

From the reading pile:

The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Rebecca - Daphne du Marier
Heir to the Shadows - Anne Bishop
Coraline - Neil Gaiman

Bonus book: Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman (the only book I don't already own)

Chances are I will read other books this month that will count, but these are my books.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic list!!! I am so glad you're joining in. There is something just so perfect about reading these types of stories in the fall...and winter for that matter. I am looking forward to picking up The Thirteenth Tale sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dark books! Oh and good call with Bishop. The Black Jewels is dark. I should give this a try but I am so blah when it comes to deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do it... I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to wait 2 more weeks for The Thirteenth Tale to come out here...grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Neverwhere is fantastic! My favorite Gaimon book by far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.