Monday, November 20, 2006

Update

So, I am still not really reading, it is just too busy to do that right now, but I have had a few things happen. The big story of the week: NEW COMPUTER CHAIR! I don't have time to provide photos, but when you see the comparison between old computer chair and new computer chair.... you will understand why new computer chair is so awesome. I just really noticed how uncomfortable said chair was when I had to sit in it for like 5 days straight doing three essays. Not a comfortable chair at all.

Then, I have had my license for a few years now, but I only got my first car a little over a year ago. Today, I got my very first brandnew set of tires. My boyfriend works at Michelin, so they were very inexpensive tires and I got the top of the line, so I am happy. I think people think I am crazy, but each time something new happens with your car, it is an exciting experience. What I didn't like was that they make you back it out of the car bay. There is no way my backing up skills are up to the task of having to back out with a crowd of people watching me, so my boyfriend did it. He didn't even ask, he knows how I feel about backing out of small spaces!

Other than that, I have two essays on the go, as well as a lot of reading. I got a bit behind in my school reading with all the writing that was happening, so I am trying to catch up before exams. I cannot wait until exams are over and done with! Christmas is my favourite time of year.

Yeah... so those are the most exciting things that have happened to me lately. Sorta sad, but that's university for you. Hopefully I will be able to read again soon! I am hoping that even though the break was by necessity, it has cleared my head enough that when I have time again, all I will do is read. I hope!

4 comments:

  1. "There is no way my backing up skills are up to the task of having to back out with a crowd of people watching me"

    Heh. I totally hear ya. I always have someone else do it for me, too. lol.

    Well, good luck with school! I totally envy your focus. Do you think you could bottle it for me? I'd buy. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Thanks for the update. :P I'm going to start our book today. And several others. But that's okay. LOL Hope you catch up with all your school stuff.

    I like backing up, but hate parallel parking. It's funny, but this guy once said something along the lines of how I back up like a man, or better than. :P I had a good laugh at him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I haven't visited in a while, Kailana. I've been doing National Novel Writing Month. How on earth do you read so much AND go to school? I hardly read anything fun at all (except during the summer) during my college years. I'm awestruck by your list. The Book Thief is still my 2006 favorite, btw. Hope you're loving it as much as I did.

    At the end of the year, I hope you'll mention which books were your favorites - I love just reading your list, but I'd like to know what you enjoyed the most. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and lucky you on the chair. I sit in a medieval torture device (an old dining table chair that needs to be recovered) since my last computer chair broke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookfool: Thanks for stopping by! I have been reading your blog, so I know all about your adventures in writing. And, I live in Canada, so we had Thanksgiving already. But I hope you enjoy yours! And, I know what you mean in the torture chair, the one I replaced was one of those fold up chairs that you use when you don't have enough kitchen chairs. It is not meant for long-term sitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.