Saturday, April 14, 2007

Some More Lists

Here are two lists that were sent to me through my comments and email.

From Bowled Over and Out who is having technological problems:

The Runes of The Earth, Stephen Donaldson
Signs of Life - Gaia, James Lovelock
Stories From Shakespear, The Complete Plays
Vanity Fair, Thackeray
Mustn't Grumble, Terry Wogan
Middlemarch, George Elliot
Wessex Tales, Thomas Hardy
I Claudius and Claudius the God, Robert Graves
Soul Mountain, Guo Xingjian
Don Quixote, Cervantes

From Louise, who had a blog but decided to get rid of it:

The Sound of One hand Clapping – Richard Flanning
- I have read this book a few times and each time a different part appeals to me.

The Black Jewel Trilogy – Anne Bishop
- This book opened a whole new genre for me and it is also a superb story

The Babysitters Club – Ann M Martin
- I read everyone I could get my hands on when I was a kid. I so want to be Claudia when I was younger.

The Power of One- Byrce Courtenay
- I read this book for the first time when I was 14 and it really pulled me back into reading and I still love it every time I go for a re read

War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy
- This is an amazing story beautifully written and the sense of achievement when I finished the book was worth the weeks that it took me to read it

Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- I just loved everything about this book.

The Bridge to Holy Cross (Tatinana & Alexander) – Paullina Simmons
- I was going to say the whole trilogy but then I realised that this one was the best in the series and it is the only one I would consider re reading.

The Red Tent – Anita Diamant
- This book started me on a religious journey and for that I am gratefully plus it is just a really good story

Fall on your knees – Ann Marie MacDonald.
- This book was given to me by someone I used to work with and I have now tried to convince everyone I know to pick up this book. It is dark and disturbing and it is a wonderful piece of writing.

And one is for all the great books I have yet to read and all the books I have loved but didn’t quite make this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.