Friday, July 06, 2007

Thoughts on a Thursday

I am getting impatient with my reviews from last month because all I seem to have left is bad reviews, and I just hate writing bad reviews. If I take the time to read a book, I want to like it, but I read like five bad books last month and they were all bunched together. So, I am glad it is July and I am reading good books! I started the month off with Neil Gaiman, and how can a month be bad if it starts off with him? I have read both InterWorld and M is for Magic. Both were great and I will be posting about both of them very soon, as soon as I finish off the leftover reviews from June.

So, what else is good about July? I am in love with Terry Goodkind. I have always avoided that series because it is on the list, but there are nine books, and I wanted to finish other series first... but, the second hand bookstore had 7 of them yesterday and I had credit and my friend was encouraging, so well, I bought them all. Well, not buy, spent my credit on. I started Wizard's First Rule last night and I am hooked. So, yeah, so much for avoiding another long series! But, if I end up really liking the series than credit is a wonderful thing! The books range in page length, but the first one is 800 and something pages. Excellent beginning, though, and I am really interested to learn what happens next. I was up until 3 this morning making a dent in it, and I really could have stayed up later, but I did think I needed a little bit of sleep. I imagine tonight will be another late night, though...

So, right now I am watching a rerun of the television show The View. Why? Bon Jovi is on it and I missed it last time he was on there, so I am watching to hear what he has to say and listen to him sing. When Chris Benoit had his big scandal, Tom asked me if there was anyone that I consider my hero. He was thinking famous, and you know, I do not really. Sure, there are actors and actresses that I like watching, but I would not really call a celebrity my hero. If I had to choose heroes they would be authors because I would much rather read a book than watch a movie. That being said, there are people that I would be sad to not see anymore of, and Bon Jovi is one of those such people.

Anyways, a few people have mentioned interest in my challenge, anymore people out there that are interested? You have until near the end of July to let me know and then I will make my decision, and do not forget that Michelle Moran is taking over my blog next week! I know that I am pretty excited! Oh, and do not forget Colleen Gleason's contest over on Twisted Kingdom. See the sticky post at the top of this blog to get all the details! It's a great prize, an advanced reading copy of her new book months before it hits stores!

Oh, and check out the HUGE fish that Tom (yes, this is Tom) caught: (not a great pic because someone else took it and he scanned it).


  1. Kailana, I know what you mean about getting hooked on a long series. I have several I need to finish up, too. Never read Terry Goodkind, but I'm going to try to hold off for now. Try not to rave about him, too much, okay? ;)

  2. Interworld sounds really similar to Neverwhere - did you read that one and if so, is that true?

    And where the heck did Tom catch that whopper?

  3. Booklogged: I promise to try and be good... I plan to finish the book very soon so maybe ignore my blog for a few days? haha

    lesley: I never made a connection between the two books when I was reading InterWorld, so no, I don't think they are all that alike. I think I liked Neverwhere better than Interworld, though.

    And that whopper is a salt lake bass, one of the perks of living on the ocean I guess! I am trying to take him into taking me but they go in the middle of the night so no girls go :(

  4. I'm glad to hear you liked Interworld! My copy is not here yet, I'm starting to fear it was lost in the mail :(

  5. That sucks! I hope it turns up!

  6. Cool looking forward to reading your Gaiman reviews. Reading bad books is annoying, but yay for July and good books!


Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.