Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I Think I Am In Love!


And, not with a book or a person, but with a cooking appliance! I bought it with my Christmas money on Christmas Eve, and that was my Christmas Eve treat. Now, it is the best breakfast idea ever! Considering today I decided that quarter to 4 would be a great time to wake up.... I have also decided that quarter to 6 is a good time as any to eat breakfast.

Yesterday could have been worse. It was really quiet at work because of the holidays, but I managed to stay awake and finish a book! I read Into the Wild, a non-fiction book about a young man that roughs it in Alaska. It is going to be a movie, actually. When I tried to start another book, though, I found I was getting a bit too comfy in the chair, so I watched television for the last couple hours of my shift.

I am not really sure what to think about my weird hours. On the one hand, it is really nice to have several hours in the morning to myself before people wake up, but on the other hand I also work 4-12's at work, and I am not sure I can make it to 12 at night with as little sleep as I have been getting lately. I am a go to bed late sort of person, so the hours I have been waking up lately are usually the hours that I would be going to bed on other days... It's a weird week!

8 comments:

  1. But what is it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I thought the picture was obvious. It is a quesadilla maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be obvious to people who know what one of those is, but I certainly haven't ever seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry, my mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one of those. I bought it for my daughter when she was in her quesadilla stage. I don't use it much any more though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the movie In to the Wild in October, and loved it. I highly recomended it. The book is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:15 PM

    It's all about new kitchen gadgets. We got a wicked new black toaster and kettle for christmas. The toaster has a weird blue light countdown thingy so you can see how long is left until toast time and the kettle has a transparent section that is blue usually and then read when it is boiling :)

    You will get used to the hours in time honest. I have done some weird shift work and so has my husband when he did stupidly late bar work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just want to wish you a Happy New Year Kailana!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.