Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Meme and Some Rambling...

I got tagged by Tanabata to do the 123 Book Meme, and I am actually doing it!

~Start Copy Here~
Instructions:1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences after the tag chain.
5. Spread this tag to as many people as you can.

Book Tag Chain:
1) Only The Good Stuff, What Simply Works
2) Reflexes
3) A Great Pleasure
4) Color It Green
5) In Spring it is the Dawn
6) The Written World
~End Copy Here~

Okay, so the book I am reading is not out yet, so I am supposed to keep quiet about it until release day. The non-fiction book I have been considering starting is Memoirs by Brian Mulroney. So, I went with that one...
I had been instructed to get his signature on a sheaf of documents, after whichwe had a coffee and chatted in French. I was impressed: here was a successful
premier from a very privileged background, almost fifty-four years of age,
sitting in a hot little room learning conversational French. Language has always
been the great equalizer in Canadian politics and was touched by the sight of
this equable and talented man struggling to learn a language he now desparately
needed in order to campaign and eventually to govern.

As to tagging, anyone that wants to do it feel free!

I was going to write a book review but I had a busy day. I went to my hometown for the day to do the family thing. My father and brother both live there, my sister was down there visiting all ready, and my grandmother (my mothers' mother) still lives there. I also saw my fathers oldest brother and his wife, which was great because I have not seen them in years! Their grandchildren are so big! There are twelve years between my father and his brother, so my cousins were well into their lives before I was even born. I haven't seen my oldest cousin in like ten years (and he seems to have had hair inserted in some manner because he has more hair than I remember) and then he has two brothers who I do not think I have seen since my grandfathers funeral which was eight or nine years ago. This means that their kids are way older than the last time I saw them and there are a couple children that I have never seen before. So, my aunt showed me pictures and I picked out how much everyone looks like their parents and things. It was nice to at least hear about that family because I never actually see them in person... I am not very close to my fathers' side of the family, which is a shame, but such is life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.