Saturday, November 01, 2008

And Then She Said...

"Mark all as Read"

I was three-thousand posts behind on bloglines... *ahem*

There is no way I would have ever been able to catch up! So, yeah, starting fresh!

I also have started my reading weekend. I am reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I have seen this series around, but only just bought the first three books with birthday money. It's really quite good so far! Maybe I will just read young adult books all weekend and then I can feel accomplished! Thanks to whoever it was that reviewed this book and put it on my RADAR. I really should be like Debi and keep track!

Also, Deslily has made me really want to read Cornelia Funke. I eyed her new book, Inkdeath, at the bookstore the other day, but I haven't read Inkspell yet. I own it, and while I really want to read it now, I think I am going to stick with little books this weekend. I need to feel like I am actually making a dent in my TBR pile! (ha, pile, lets say shelves and shelves of books!)

At least I actually finished the R.I.P. Challenge.... Yay! And, I have read six books for The Second Canadian Book Challenge, Eh? So, this year wasn't a total waste! Anyway, back to my book!

And, yes, this was actually two posts from in less than 24 hours...

4 comments:

  1. omg!.. I am doing the same thing! reading small books hahahahaha.. too funny!

    I will tell you this.. (for me at least) Inkheart, no matter how big is a book you can't put down easily and read it a lot faster than you think you would! I hope when you finally pick it up it is the same for you and that you enjoy it as much as I did. (which always surprises me when I enjoy a YA book more than adult books!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, Kailana...sometimes clicking that mark all as read button just has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those series sound good - I'll keep them in mind the next time I need a YA fix!

    I don't even subscribe to blog feeds because I would be woefully behind every time I logged on and I just can't take that kind of pressure, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depressingly mine just says 1000+ and doesn't seem to want to go lower. May do what you did and start again... It's all about young adult books. I want to read The Lightening Thief and Inkspell, just got a few more challenges to wrap up first.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I am so sorry, but I turned anonymous commenting off. I have had it from the very beginning, but that is how the spam is getting by my spam filter at the moment. If it is a big deal I will turn it back on and moderate all comments. I also changed moderation from older than 14 days to older than 7.